25. September

"Logan?"

I heard someone call my name from across the street.

As soon as I looked up to see who it was and my heart immediately dropped.

Every feeling I had been bottling up for months, suddenly rushed to the surface.

It was her.

"Peggy?" I replied, confused.

She ran over to me, embracing me immediately.

"God, I've missed you." She said.

"I missed you too." I sighed in relief.

She didn't smell like she usually does. Was she using a different perfume or something?

I slowly pulled away only to see it wasn't her anymore...

It was just a silhouette of her.

She slowly faded away and I realised she was gone.

I wasn't ever gonna see her again.

I abruptly woke up with tears in my eyes. These dreams have been happening more often than I'd like to admit.

I'd see her somewhere and then she'd just disappear or she'd start being weird, acting like she doesn't know who I am.

I closed my eyes to try and get a few more hours of sleep, eventually dozing off.

"Logan wake up."

I felt someone gently shaking me awake.

I opened my eyes to see my mum holding a card and a present. Oh yeah, it's my birthday today!

Whoop whoop I'm 19.

To be completely honest, it doesn't feel any different than 18 but that's alright.

"Happy birthday Logan!" She chimed.

"Thanks, mum." I smiled.

She handed me the present and card, which I opened first.

It said, 'Dear Logan, Happy birthday, love Mum and Alfred.'

How sweet, she put Alf in the card too. I grinned at him and scratched his head in thanks.

I opened the present next.
"Oh my god, this is awesome!" I squealed. She had gotten me a new games console.

"I know you love video games so I got you this one." She said, rather proud of her choice of present.

"I love it, thank you so much." I squealed, hugging her.

She wished me a happy birthday and left me to get dressed.

Most of the day was spent hanging out with mum and playing some new games.

She was actually quite good at some of them, even beating me in a few. It was pretty fun.

She made my favourite meal for dinner and we sat and ate it in front of the tv.

"Oh yeah, this card came for you earlier I forgot to give it to you."

She handed me the card and waited for me to open it.

I slowly peeled the envelope back and pulled the card out.

'Dear Logi, Happy Birthday, I hope you have a really good day. I miss you.'

"Who's it from?" Mum asked.

"It doesn't say..." I replied, confused.

"What do you mean?"

I handed her the card to have a look at it.

She just shrugged her shoulders, "They must've forgotten to sign it."

I wonder who it's from... Either way, it didn't have a stamp so they would have had to hand-deliver it.

So why not knock on the door? Bit odd.

Oh well, it's still a nice gesture even if I have no idea who wrote it.

The school fair was in a week or something so I'm rather excited about that. I go every year and spend way too much money on fudge.

The woman who sells the fudge makes them all herself and they're so good.

I think Max is gonna come with me as well so that'll be fun.

It'll be like a little reunion.