38. Us

I think it's safe to say Peggy is doing rather well at the moment, she has managed to make me laugh and take all my jokes like an absolute legend. Top marks from me there Pegs.

I have no idea where she's taking me, she could be about to chuck me in a river, who knows.

After a long-ass dirt road, we came to a stop at this rather nice looking patch of land. It was quite large and had a brilliant view of the city.

"Okay so don't laugh or anything..." She said, getting out of the car.

Can't make any promises there Pegs...

"This is where I used to go when I missed you too much."

"Well isn't that sweet?" I smiled.

She looked at me sarcastically.

"What? I said it's sweet."

"Go stand next to that tree." She ordered.

I pointed at the giant tree in the corner and Peggy nodded then I cautiously made my way over to it, realising just how big the tree really is.

"This is a big tree," I shouted, still focusing on the tree.

"I know." She said at her normal volume, knowing how sound works.

I forgot sound carries...

"Is this you finally becoming an arborist?" I asked finally turning back to look at her.

Only to see that she'd managed to sneak up right behind me like a little ninja.

"I thought I already had your attention." She smirked.

"You always do." I smiled.

"So, Peggy. Why am I here?" I asked, leaning against the tree.

She got a remote from her pocket and pressed a button, completely illuminating the tree with tiny little lights.

"I hope you don't mind, I intended this to take a while." She said reaching into the bag I didn't even realise she'd brought with her and pulling out a tent.

"I used to sit up here and think of all the things I wish I could've done with you and this was always my favourite."

I stood there, taking in all the information. Tent, Lights, View I'd give it a solid 10 out of 10

"So, Logan. I was wondering if you wanted to watch the sunrise with me?"

"I'd love to." I grinned.

"Peggy? What if we get cold?" I asked, already feeling relatively cold.

"I'll keep you warm."

"You know, it's quicker if both participants are naked."

I have all the useful facts as you can tell.

"Shame I've brought a heater then isn't it." She smirked.

"That is a shame." I frowned.

Peggy left me to look at this nice tree whilst she set up the tent with all her fancy tent gadgets.

I noticed some carvings on the bottom of the tree so I squatted down to get a better look. They looked like tally marks... I counted them all up with a total of 52.

Peggy had finished the tent by now and invited me inside.

"Peggy, why are there 52 tally marks on this tree," I questioned, sitting next to her in the tent.

"There are 52 Thursdays in a year."

"That means..."

"I came up here every Thursday." She said, confirming my theory.