32. Takeaway

It's been about 5 minutes since Peggy went to, 'Get something out of her car.'

I should probably go see if she's okay... Maybe she's fallen in the boot or something.

I put the menu down and made my way over to the door, only to be stopped by the sound of Peggy's voice outside the window.

She doesn't sound very happy... Should I listen in? Fuck it why not, it might be funny. I managed to catch the end of the conversation.

"We've been over this."

"No..." 

"This is between you and me."

"Listen that was the last time. I've moved on."

Peggy glanced over to the open window and I quickly ducked out of sight.

"I gotta go, don't call me again Lauren."

I quickly ran into the kitchen and pretended to be looking at the menu. I heard the front door shut and Peggy entered the kitchen soon after.

"I know you were listening." Peggy sighed.

Shit.

"Yeah... You sounded pretty stressed, are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Just an old colleague that's all."

Colleague? Wait... Didn't she say Lauren? As in Miss Rowan Lauren?

"You'll probably remember her, she replaced me in your class," Peggy said, twiddling her thumbs nervously.

"Oh... I didn't know you guys still spoke?"

"We don't." Peggy snapped "Well not since our last thing..." She muttered.

"Thing? What like a hookup?"

Peggy sheepishly nodded. I didn't know they were a thing. That just makes the display situation even funnier.

"It only happened a few times when I was working there."

"Sounds fun how many did you guys do it?" I said, wiggling my eyebrows.

"I don't remember, it was a long time ago."

"How long ago?"

Peggy got really nervous all of a sudden, "I don't know."

I stood there waiting for her to answer the question. She's being shady for some reason.

"Last year."

Last year? Hold on... What the fuck? She left last year... Is that what Lauren meant when she said Peggy had moved on?

"Hold on a minute."

Suddenly everything hit me like a ton of bricks, I'm just a toy to her, aren't I? I'm just this little thing she can just call up and use whenever she wants.

I burst out laughing, "Wow. I really am that stupid aren't I?"

"What do you mean?" Peggy said confused.

"I seriously spent a whole year feeling sorry for myself because you fucking left. When the whole time you were just off shagging Lauren?"

"No... Logan, it's not like that..."

"Then tell me, what's it like?" I laughed.

"Logan... I..." She stuttered.

"When was the last time?" I yelled.

She fell silent, ashamed to answer the question. I walked over to her bag and started packing her shit.

"Fine, two weeks ago." Peggy started to panic.

"Wow." I scoffed, picking up her bag and shoving it in her chest.

"What are you doing?" She quizzed, somehow still confused by my actions.

"You're leaving."

"Logan please."

I walked over to the front door and held it open for her.

"Out. Now." I demanded. "Do not call me, do not text me, do not come here. Just get out." I said, trying my hardest to hold it together.

"Logan... I'm sorry." I could see tears pooling in her eyes.

She has the nerve to cry right now? Seriously? This is the third fucking time she's fucked me over and I'm sick of it.

"Goodbye Pelessaria." All signs of emotion were void from my face.

She walked out the door turning around to say something. Probably to fucking apologize again. Whatever she was going to say, I'm not gonna be able to hear it because I slammed the door in her face.

Is she fucking serious? I get it, we ain't together. She can see who she wants to see.

That's not the fucking point though. The point is, she left me for a whole year to get jiggy with some creep and then randomly pop up when she's bored of her.

My phone kept buzzing and frankly, it was pissing me off. I pulled my phone out to turn it on silent, not before reading the bullshit on my screen.

'Logan, please. It didn't mean anything I was just trying to get over you.'

Did you see me doing that? No? Exactly.

'Please open the door. I can fix this.'

For the ten millionth time? I don't think so, honey.

'Logan please I'm sorry.'

This is getting old now... Should I just block her number? We all know if I leave it a day I'll forgive her and she'll be in my bed by tomorrow night.

I probably should... I can always unblock her can't I.

Fuck it.

I quickly blocked Peggy's number. I am not letting her do this to me again. I'm done for real this time. There's no going back.