19. I'm Done

"Logan wait!" Pelessaria tried to grab my arm. I pulled away before she could even touch me.

"Please!" She called out.

I went straight to my locker and collapsed in front of it. I don't even know how to process this.

I never thought this would be a possibility... I'm actually so stupid, how did I not see it?

How could I seriously believe I was getting somewhere? How did I honestly think she was being genuine?

I sat there curled up in a ball until I felt someone touch my arm. I don't even care who it is, I just wanna stay here. 

"Logan, please." Pellesaria pleaded.

Did she not get the message the first six times?

"I told you, I'm done." I said, my voice muffled by my arms. 

"I have to do this..." She attempted to convince me. Although, it sounded more like she was trying to convince herself.

"I want to be with you Logan. I just... I don't want to hold you back." 

I laughed at her shitty excuse, "I'm pretty sure I could have made that decision myself."

"I know... but what if you made the wrong decision." 

"Guess we'll never know." I scoffed, still refusing to look up.

"I'm sorry." Her voice was shaky. Usually I would've caved in by now, but not this time.
This time I really couldn't care less.

"I..." She started to speak but she was interrupted by a familiar voice. 

"Finally told her then? About time." Miss Earnaline said.

"Don't act like this wasn't your fault," Pelessaria hissed.

"What do you mean, her fault?" I asked, finally lifting my head to look at them.

Seeing Peggy broke my heart, she looked so vulnerable.

"I told you to stop and you didn't, so this is what happens." Miss Earnaline shrugged.

"You blackmailed me!" Peggy hissed, standing up to match her height.

"Oh honey, it's not blackmail if you're taking advantage of a student." She laughed.

"Who said she was taking advantage of me?" I chimed in.

Miss Earnaline looked Peggy up and down in disgust, "Who in their right mind would want that? She obviously bribed you with something." She said, acting like she knows all the fucking answers.

That's it, I've had enough of her snarky comments.

I stood up and got in this woman's face, raising my hand to punch her pretty little teeth out. 

I may be pissed off at Peggy, but no one is allowed to talk about her like that.

Before my hand could make contact with this bitches face, Peggy grabbed my hand. 

"Let go." I scowled.

"This isn't gonna fix anything." She reasoned.

I looked Miss Earnaline dead in the eyes, "You've got 5 seconds before I hit you, so run."
She turned on her heels and proceeded in the opposite direction.

I turned to look at Peggy, "What was she talking about?" I asked her.

"I can explain everything in my office."

"Is it worth my time?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"I hope so." She replied

I marched towards her office with Peggy on my heels.

I went inside and sat on her chair, waiting for the excuses to come pouring out her mouth.

"Well?" I said, crossing my arms.

"She knows everything..." Peggy sighed.

"No shit." I retorted.

"She said if I don't find another job she'd go to the board." 

"Okay, so why not tell me before? You had plenty of opportunities." I shrugged.

"I didn't know how to... I just, I really care about you." 

"Oh yeah, my bad. I forgot the number one way to show someone you care about them is to leave without warning." I said, sarcastically.

"I was scared Logan. I didn't realise how quick I'd fallen in..." She sighed, "I..."

"I got places to be." I sighed impatiently.

"I'm sorry." 

"Right, so what happens when you're gone?" I asked her.

"I don't know, I haven't thought that far ahead." She rubbed her forehead out of stress.

"Well, then you might wanna start thinking because I'm not coming up with ideas. If you really want this then prove it." I huffed.

I got up to leave but she stopped me before I could reach for the handle.

"I shouldn't ask this but I don't know if I'll get another chance." She sighed.

"What is it?" I replied confused.

"Can I kiss you?"

I almost laughed again, "What, so I forget why I'm mad at you?" I said, raising my eyebrow.

I may be pissed at her, but I could really do with one... After all, I might not get another chance.

I pondered it for a while and eventually gave in, "Fine, yes. If you genuinely want to."

She pulled me close to her, kissing me like she was never gonna see me again, holding me tighter than ever. It felt like a goodbye... 

I put all my anger aside and gave in, kissing her back. I took in every detail of the way her lips felt on mine, the way her hair felt in my hands, the way she breaths when I kiss her. Everything. I just wanted to be close to her. 

Before she's gone.