Chapter Two

Escaping the trunk was impossible.

I tried to keep track of time using a song I adored and knew by heart, a song called Heatwaves which I knew was around 4 minutes long.

I replayed the song in my head over and over until the car finally came to a stop.

I had sang the song 5 times which meant... the ride was around 20 minutes. He must be a local...

I heard a car door slam closed, and then some murmuring that I couldn't make out the words for. It sounded like he was... talking to someone!

I could tell them what had happened and they would call the cops! That'd surely work!

The murmuring came to a stop before I heard shuffling.

Wait, he was coming to get me! Oh lord what do I do!?

Slowly, the boot slowly rose. I edged to the back of the trunk, hoping he wouldn't see me, or left me in here till morning due to my position. I didn't want to be anywhere near him. He was a murderer! What's stopping him from killing me next!?

He poked his head into the dark, narrow space, revealing his mask. I must of missed it before. It was a white porcelain mask, with a big black creepy smiley face. I shivered, pressing myself even more against the back of the trunk, nuzzling into its dark black padding.

"Oh Georgie, I know your in there..." he taunted.

Georgie. I hated when he called me that. He sounded so- so- so manipulative! I haven't heard anyone called me that in years. Not since I was a child really. Mother used to say it when she was trying to calm me down. She always hummed it, her soothing voice always wrapping me in warmth. I missed that. It's funny how I'm just noticing it now, in the mists of a killer.

Snapping out of my small trance, I held my breath, hoping the man would give up and leave, when suddenly out of the shadows strong, massive hands pulled me forward.

I yelped at the action, as he hung over me. His curly blond hair bouncing over my head, teasingly.

He said nothing, and instead picked me up, almost- hugging me...? He was much taller than me, around 6'3 I guessed. He was muscular as well. I bet he went to the gym everyday or something.

I noted every detail I could, thinking it would help the police catch him if I escaped. No- once I escaped! I was getting out of here alive. I'm not leaving Karl alone, to show up to work tomorrow to see me gone. I was escaping tonight. Then I could tell him what happened and get help immediately.

He forcefully rapped my legs around his waist, and cradled his arms around me, supported my legs and back.

I squirmed under his grasp, but he just hushed me, and proceeded to close the boot.

My head inches away from the side of his, I couldn't see where he was taking me. Whenever I tried turning my head, he sharply pressed it back down against his shoulder. My hands trapped between his chest and mine, I tried pulling away but it just made him push harder on my back.

I searched my surroundings, trying to find any way to escape, but it was useless if I couldn't get away from his grasp.

Soon we stood at the doorway of what seemed to be a nice house, but was in the middle of no where. It was two stories, and had a decent amount of windows. Forests surrounded the building, with a small driveway leading to another road.

Finally stopping my attempt to get away from him, I sat still relaxing my body against his. It was no use. He had complete control over me. There was no point in tiring myself out.

I felt helpless. I couldn't do anything. Nothing at all. I wanted to cry, scream, anything! But I didn't want him to see how much this whole situation frightened me. I just hopped it wasn't too obvious.

"Alright Georgie, I'm going to need you to close your eyes, and if you peak I'll know. Got that?"

I nodded, shutting my eyes tightly, but of course waiting for the perfect moment to sneak a glance of the inside of the house.

He stood in front of, seeming like he was waiting for something.

"George...I know you're planning on peaking. I'm warning you now. Don't. It won't end well for you." His voice became deeper, showing dominance over the situation.

Maybe I shouldn't look, I'd rather stay unharmed. Plus I'll see what it looks like when I escape.

Deciding against my original plan, I kept my eyes shut.

We headed up what felt like stairs, then I heard the creek of a door opening then shutting. It was then locked which made me gulp in fear.

Still carrying me, he bent down and opened something, like a draw, rummaging through it.

What was he trying to find? Something to hurt me with? A knife, pills, a gun-?

Oh lord please don't be a gun.

After around 30 seconds he stopped and closed the drawer, placing a sort of fabric over my eyes causing me to tense up.

He sighed, finishing up tying the cloth around my eyes, and placed me on something soft.

That made me realize how tired I really was. It was around 4 in the morning after all...

"This is just so you won't see my face, don't worry I won't hurt you." He assured me.

I nodded weakly, slumping on the soft surface.

I heard the click of a buckle unlatch, assuming it was his mask, as new wave of tiredness fell over me.

I soon closed my eyes cuddling the blanket, occasionally hearing rustling of metal, and doors squeaking open and closed.

Those sounds soon faded, as I drifted into a deep sleep, completely forgetting I was in a murderers bed.

Tomorrow... I can escape tomorrow...

—————————————————

1012 words