Chapter Four

TW: derealization n suicidal thoughts

[and thank u for 30 reads ik that seems like nothing compared to other books but that's so insane for me :)]

It had officially been a day since I had eaten. I didn't dare ask Dream for any food. He might throw a fit and hurt me more, and trust me I'd rather starve to death than get hit again. The hunger hadn't really affected me until I was alone for many consistent hours.

In that time I thought about a lot, including why I was still alive. I didn't understand. Was it because he thought it was fun to toy with my life? I mean, I wouldn't put it past him. He had murdered an innocent girl, affecting everyone who cared for her and now affecting everyone who cared for me, aka Karl.

I had thought about past memories with Will, I missed him dearly. The last day I saw him was the day I left for America. We kept in touch after that, but it wasn't the same. We had our own lives, busy with other things rarely getting to talk to each other.

Not to mention the acing pain in both my legs. I hadn't moved an inch since Dream had hit them repeatedly, but when I woke up I had been set free from the ropes, meaning he had came in while I was sleeping. I think he might of broken them to be honest.

No. Definitely not. I had cried after he left, but it wasn't the pain that had caused it, it had been my mental state.

Speaking of my mental state, it sucked. Well, it would for anyone who had been kidnapped, but sometimes I felt like killing myself. Like trying to jump out a window, or cut myself on the bed frame, but I couldn't move and didn't bother trying.

Judging by the amount of brightness provided by the window, I assumed it was around 11 in the morning, maybe later.

Dream still hadn't entered the room. But I wasn't sure weather that was a good or bad thing to be honest. I was oddly displeased with his absence. I didn't know why though, or rather, I refused to admit it to myself.

I liked Dream's company. The way he gently held me when he first carried me inside, when he tried to comfort me after my horrid nightmare, but I didn't want to feel this way.

Hours had past and I was still alone, when finally the door opened, and in stepped the masked blonde.

"Hey Georgie..." he voiced gently.

Too tired to react, or care really, I laid there, staring at the ceiling motionless.

He sat down on the edge of the bed, careful not to move my legs.

"I uh- brought you some gummies and water!" He cheered quietly.

I hazily continued to study the ceiling.

He sighed.

"George you need to eat."

I was starving, but for some reason he cared and I wasn't going to give him that satisfaction after what he had done last night.

Rolling his eyes, he stared down at me. His face turned from annoyance to just a sliver or concern before flushing it away.

"George, respond when I'm talking to you."

My lips felt numb. I felt really dizzy. Everything seemed enlarged, and floaty. I didn't know what was going on.

"George."

He rapidly shifted his hand next to my face, making me wince. He sighed in relief, but then anger filled his eyes. He then again tried to touch my head, but I jerked it away.

"I'm not going to hurt you let me lift your head up," he promised.

Reluctantly, I let him lift the back of my head, as he flicked off the cap from the water bottle he had brought up. I held my hand out for the bottle, but he shook his head and held it up to my lips.

Not wanting to argue with him, I drank the water, and after the wet liquid hit my tongue I chugged it forgetting how dry it mouth really was. He just chuckled, removing the now empty bottle from my lips.

Placing it on the nightstand, he turned back to me. Nervously, I looked at him waiting for him to tell me what to do next. His mask stared into my probably red, bloodshot eyes for a moment.

In that moment I wonder what he was thinking. Was he thinking about killing me? I wasn't sure. I rather not know either. If he did, I'd rather him do it by surprise, quick and painless.

Not having the strength to hold my head up anymore, I rested it on a pillow. I was in my previous position, staring at the ceiling.

Why wasn't he leaving? Why was he just watching me?

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw his hand swiftly move towards me. I finched at his movement.

What was he trying to do...?

He then did it again, at a slower pace this time. I let his hand reach my forehead, as he gently pushed my hair out of my face. Leaving his hand there, he started moving his thumb in a circular motion on my temple.

I wanted to tell him to stop, to not touch me, but I couldn't. No, I wouldn't.

There was no denying it, I liked his tender touch on my skin. It was so warm, and pleasant-

But of course it was only because I missed Karl's hugs. That's why. I was touch starved. That's all it was.

"You like this, don't you Georgie?" He chuckled.

"W-what no! I'd just rather not start conflict that's all."

He playfully scoffed. "You're cute when you're flustered."

Suddenly feeling uncomfortable, I shifted under his touch.

"It's alright to admit it Georgie, just say the word and I'll keep going."

There was absolutely no way I was admitting that.

He waited a couple seconds before faintly laughing at my stillness.

"Fine then, be that way..."

He went to leave, my mouth open in protest, but nothing came out.

Was I about to ask my kidnapper to stay? Get a grip George!

He closed the door behind him, leaving it unlocked knowing I couldn't go anywhere with my damaged knees.

God. I neeed to get out of here.

—————————————————

1052 words