Chapter Twenty Three

I couldn't sleep the rest of the night. I was afraid that if I shut my eyes I would feel the bat swing again. I tried to tell myself it wasn't real, but in those moments I couldn't control my thoughts.

In dreams it was different. In dreams I could wake myself up. But in moments where I was awake, I couldn't control anything. It was like I was there, I didn't know it wasn't real until it was over.

Even the smallest sounds or motions could trigger it. It terrified me. The first time it happened was in the car at the toll, when he covered his hand over my mouth. The scarce memory emerged when he first took me, how I genuinely thought I was gonna die.

Dream POV:

"I think he has ptsd... he didn't sleep at all last night." I commented.

"It would explain why he looked so scared." Sapnap agreed.

"Yeah."

"Aw poor little guy... I bet he's hungry." Bad toned.

"We don't have like anything. We ran out of cereal yesterday." Skeppy added.

"We should go to the supermarket then!" Bad suggested.

"Alright. I'm down if you guys are." Skeppy breathed.

"I can't. I have to watch George. But Sap you should go. It'll be good for you." I said.

"But what if the cops see me?"

"Nick this is a completely different district. No ones going to be looking here."

"Alright.. then yeah I'll go."

"Perfect! Come on!" Bad cheered.

"Wait! Um Bad... do you have a bat? It's not for anything bad it's just- I need it for something."

"Um... you're not going to hurt George- are you?"

"Uh no."

"...It's in our bedroom in the closet."

"Thank you."

Dragging Nick out the door, Skeppy shot me a worried glance before following them out.

I got up from my place at the counter, and trudged my way to his closet grabbing the bat.

I quietly opened the door, to see the the brunette only perk up a bit as I entered.

His eyes widened at the bat, and seemed to freeze up.

This was going to suck.

I inched closer, but he didn't move.

"George I'm sorry. I have to."

He didn't bother showing any reaction, tears silently began spilling out of his eyes.

I gently laid him down, pulling him apart from his ball, before I raised the bat above my head.

His eyes closed now, his whole body shook with fear.

I couldn't do it.

Lowering my bat, I stared at the brunette for a second before sitting down next to him, wrapping him in my comfort.