Twenty

thanks for 9k reads 😋😋
this is a... v emotional chapter so be aware of that

George POV:

During the night is when the unsettling feeling of knowing I had killed someone really set in. I may seem a little over dramatic, considering I technically hadn't been the one to squeeze their airway shut, but that didn't make me any less of a murderer.

I couldn't handle being curled up next to him. So, I quietly shifted under him wiggling out of bed and grabbed the book I had been previously reading. I then tiptoed to the bathroom, closing the creaking door behind me.

I swear everything's louder at night.

I covered the bottom of the door with a towel, making sure their was no light coming into the bedroom before I slid down in the wall and began to flip to my folded down page.

What felt like centuries had passed, I finished my first book, then moved onto completing two other ones by the names of Accelerate, and Flowers From 1970, the third one making me sob hysterically.

I stayed there morning the lost connection between the two soulmates, until the door swung open and in stepped the tall blonde.

"George are you okay?" He concernly questioned.

"No."

"What's wrong?"

A mix of this book and the fact that I had literally killed someone yesterday.

"Nothing." I mumbled. I attempted to walk out of the bathroom but tripped over the very book that caused my cries. Dream caught me, as I lazily melted into his chest.

No. This is wrong. You know it's wrong.

"Thanks..." I breathed stumbling out of the bathroom.

The more I thought about it the more pissed I got at myself. I couldn't stand being near him. I really couldn't. But it's not like I could go anywhere. Fury and determination built up inside of me, a burning passion to leave.

I'm getting Karl and we're getting out of here. Today.

"Can I see Karl?" I spat out tumbling onto the bed. He followed, snuggling into my side, but I pushed him away, disgusted.

"Not with that attitude your not."

"Please Dream." I pleaded emotionlessly.

"George are you okay? You seem off."

"Please Dream." I repeated. "Please."

"...I'll see what I can do. Are you planning something? Because I'm telling you now I will hit you if you try anything."

"I'm aware." I replied simply.

"Okay... I'll ask Nick in a few. I'll meet you downstairs."

I nodded and quietly sat on the couch, knowing better than trying to leave. He came down around 10 minutes later, while I was fiddling with my fingers.

"He said we could visit around one."

"What time is it now?"

"11."

I thinned my lips.

I guess it'll due.

While I ate I thought through every aspect of my plan. Finally satisfied, I watched the clock closely until 1.

"Your that eggar to see Karl? Yikes. Pay at least a little attention to me." The younger frowned.

I slightly chuckled, pretending as if I cared for his witty comments. I let him do whatever he wanted to me for the next couple of hours, knowing this would probably be the last chance he would get. I was so ready to start over. To leave this place for good. To have my life back. But I had to admit, it was a fantastic break besides the abuse.