Thirty Five

Sapnap POV:

My head was spinning, so many things flooded my mind.

George was spazzing out or something, our hostage had just called for backup, we were hiding from Clay, and on top of that we were STILL planning to meet Karl at 10.

For fucks sake I didn't think we were getting out of this without going to Jail.

The cop slowly approached us, aiming his gun to my head.

"HANDS UP!" He shouted.

Instead of reacting, I started at him blankly for a moment, before returning my head back to George.

He was currently coughing uncontrollably, which started to worry me.

I stood up, which was followed by more shouts commanding me to put my hands up. Ignoring them, I lazily walked to the fridge grabbing a water bottle, and returning back to the couch pressing it against the brunettes lips. He chugged it after a minute, leaving me with empty bottle.

"You good now?" I asked him. He nodded, but freaked when he saw the gun pointed at me.

"PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" Sam screamed for like the twentieth time.

"For gods sake do you shut up?" I harshly worded.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING IDIOT PUT YOU'RE HANDS UP HE'S AIMING A FUCKING RIFLE AT YOUR HEAD!" George screeched.

"Yeah, I'm aware. He's just stalling till backup gets here."

"BACKUP??"

"Yeah. Called his friends or something. Probably gonna get arrested."

"WHAT?? HOW ARE YOU SO CALM ABOUT THIS!?"

"I don't give a fuck anymore George. This is Dream's mess and I'm not going to get dragged into it. He'll find a way to bail me out."

"What if he doesn't? Karl will be heartbroken Nick-"

"Not much I can do about it now, is there?"

Time went by slower than ever, only 5 minutes had passed since Sam had called for backup.

Everything seemed tense- we all studied each other for about a minute in complete silence.

By now Sam had put the gun down in it's holster, but was ready to pick it up at any minute, while staying a safe distance away.

"What happens to me?" George suddenly asked.

"What?" Sam responded.

"I mean I'm the one that knocked you out- and like made you drive here n stuff- so what happens to me?"

"George you've been through a lot- I wasn't planning on telling anyone."

"So what you think I did it because I'm mental? And Nick wasn't even the one that kidnapped me, Sam. You cant just pin everything on him and call it a day. The real killer is still out there, and I'm not telling you shit until I know Nick's not going to jail."

"George, Nick's going to Jail no matter what."

My heart dropped at hearing that. I went to prison once before- juvy really. And in there, if you show weakness, they don't show mercy.

"Nick's not going anywhere." I heard a voice grit behind Sam.

"NICK!" Karl screamed, and ran to me for a hug. My eyes almost started to water in relief of  the brunette in my arms. I squeezed him, taking in his sent, his feeling, his presence.