Chapter Fourty One

That night when we went to bed, I fell asleep almost immediately. I had made peace with Karl, which made me extremely happy.

Everything was going back to the way it was, and even though that wasn't a good thing, it was a start.

Though I fell asleep content, that didn't stop me from having the worst nightmares imaginable.

I woke up soaked in sweat, at six in the morning, and after remembering the content of the dream, I couldn't help but cry, which unfortunately woke the blonde up.

He helped me through it, calming me down slowly, until I was once again dazed in a fast sleep.

When I woke up though, the blonde was missing, most likely downstairs or something. But I didn't want to see him, so I laidback and tried to rest more, which surprisingly worked.

I woke up again around two, due to the fact that the Floridan was lightly circling his thumb on my back.

"Morning Georgie." He replied in a soft, hushed tone.

"Go away..." I mumbled, pulling the covers closer to me and snuggling into them.

"George you've been asleep for like 15 hours." He chuckled. "Come on sleepy head, wake up."

15 hours? Had it really been that long?

"5 more minutes." I mumbled into the sheets.

"You sound like a 9 year old wanting more play time." He chuckled again.

"Yeah now leave me alone."

"Nope, come on." Though my eyes were still close, I could feel myself being lifted.

"Stopp..." I groaned.

"Dude how are you still tired? It's like 2 o' clock!" He exclaimed, carefully placing me on the couch.

"I just am!" I said, annoyed that he had dragged me out of bed.

"Look, after breakfast we can go see Karl if you'd like. He's been waiting all morning. Saying he has something important to tell you."

What would he have to tell me...?

"Okay."

A couple seconds later he handed me a plate of food, and a fork.

"Eat and then we'll head over. I'm gonna go tell Sapnap."

I nodded, starting to pick at my plate.

———

"KARL!" I beamed.

"GEORGE!" He smiled, returning the same energy. "I have so much to tell you come on!" He said, pulling me inside.

He brought me upstairs into a room that I assumed was Nick's, or his and Nick's by the looks of it, and began to tell me everything that happened from last night, starting with how they walked on the beach to the late night kiss.

"Karl that's insane! I'm so happy for you two!"

And it was true. Yeah, Nick might have been a dick at first, but he had helped me escape, and is really nice to Karl, so I guess he's alright.