His little girl

She stared at him, her right eye twitching in irritation as she held her crossed arms against her chest, pushing her breasts up unintentionally.

Anger is what she felt, she missed her father and she wasn't looking forward to living with a man she didn't even know.

The room was filled with men she didn't recognize, all apparently accompanying Mateo.

They had done the grand gesture of letting her know how well they knew her father.

It made her detest not knowing this part of her dad's life.

"Finalizing everything here, Capri will be under your care up until the age of eighteen". The lawyer spoke as he handed the document to Mateo to analyze.

This angered her.

"Shouldn't you be passing that to me"?

Her voice rose an octave as she angrily snatched the paper from Mateo who sat across from her.

He raised his eyebrow at her reaction, gazing in amusement as she read the file in her hand.

"Do you even understand what you're reading right now, stella"? He asked as he clasped his hands together. (Star)

She grumbled at his question before throwing the documents on the table and standing up to walk out.

A chuckle resounded behind her.

*

Capri was sitting in a chair outside of the meeting room, waiting for her new guardian to step out, she was going to drill him with questions once she had him alone.

The door opened, Mateo stepped out behind his group of men as his gaze fell upon Capri who quickly got on her feet once she saw him.

"Hungry"? He asked, a mocking smile plastered on his face.

Her eyes skimmed his body, he wore a black suit with a burgundy dress shirt underneath, a few buttons undone at the top that revealed the stain of a tattoo on his chest.

"Yea, how about sushi, you pay"? She grinned.

His eyes narrowed at her change of demeanor, discovering himself accepting her proposal as he nodded in approval.

*

They found themselves in the outdoors of a sushi restaurant, Mateo's men gathered around them as they ate together.

"I know this situation isn't the ideal but I promised your fath-

"Why you out of all people"? She interrupted with a soft voice as she leaned back into her chair, sipping the water she had ordered.

Mateo's eyes narrowed in irritation, he hated being interrupted.

"Believe it or not your father was my best friend". He answered, choosing to ignore her earlier action as he wiped his mouth with a napkin.

"We grew up together in Spain until the age of thirteen where I ended up moving back to Italy, my home country".

"And how old are you"? She pondered.

"I'm thirty three, your father was three years older than me actually".

Capri nodded at his response, casting her eyes towards her empty plate as she took in his answer.

"I see, so you guys kept in contact enough to agree I'll live with someone who my father never introduced me to if he died"? She asked, her voice laced with sarcasm.

"It was only agreed a short time before his passing". He clarified.

Her eyes widened in response before she adjusted herself in her seat.

"How long ago was this conversation"?

"About five months".

Silence resonated off of her once more, this time not knowing what to say.

The sun was hitting Mateo's skin, making it look more bronze than usual, he had a certain glow that evoked many women to turn their heads as they tried sneaking in another glance his way.

It didn't go unnoticed by Capri.

"Well I can't seem to conjure up any more inquiries for now, I'll see if I kick off a list of questions". She joked, lightening the mood which seemed to function as a small chuckle escaped Mateo's lips.

He had no idea what he had gotten himself into.

*

On the way to her new humble abode Capri's thoughts kept invading her brain.

Where would she go to school? Who's money would she spend? Would her routine change?

"We've arrived, take this".

She snapped her head to the right, eyeing the shiny black card in Mateo's hand.

"For all your necessary expenses". He nodded, pushing the card forward into her grasp.

"I promised your father I would take care of you, I intend to keep my word".

His eyes saddened as he lifted his hand to run his finger's through her hair, it was a gesture meant to be comforting but Capri always read the situation to her liking.

"Thank you". She said softly, lifting herself out of her seat to sit onto Mateo's lap.

He froze underneath her, clearly uncomfortable with her bold actions.

Mateo had no clue on what to do so she did her best to assure him.

"You're like the uncle I never had, my father is gone but at least I have you". She said softly, her gaze falling to his shirt as she fidgeted with the hem of it.

A grin was plastered on his face as he kissed her on the side of her head.

"I'm very happy to hear that Capri, now let's go so you can see your new home".

He tapped her bottom twice, silently telling her to remove herself so they could step out and enter the mansion.

Mateo had heard a few things about the young girl but maybe she just acted out with outsiders, he was convinced she wouldn't be a problem.

He also couldn't help but leap when she so willingly let herself trust him, it pleased him tremendously, his little girl.