Innocent

Capri could say she knew what love was, something she wouldn't admit to herself much less to someone else.

She lost her mother, she lost her father and she lost Mateo.

But she gained a friend.

Axel massaged her scalp as they watched tv together in their shared apartment.

Six months had passed since she last saw him, she unusually felt at peace especially with how their last encounter went, something she liked to replay in her mind every night before she went to bed.

In the time that had passed, she had gone back to school and finished her studies, her and Axel had gotten a new place to live with two equally good jobs, a way to hide the fortune her father had left her.

"Still thinking about him"?

"Just a little".

Axel laughed as he continued running his fingers through her hair, both regaining the silence in the room as they continued watching tv.

She had kept up to date with a few Italian tabloids, speaking of the emerging business between Mateo and Marcella's father, pictures of the happy couple as they vacationed and dined out and rumors of when a baby would complete the family, Capri rolled her eyes at the last one.

He looked happy, at least he played the part well but Capri knew that even though he spent his time with the blonde, his thoughts remained on her.

Capri felt at peace.

*

Mateo gazed out the window as he took a sip of his Whisky.

He was standing in the balcony of their new shared mansion, his wife taking a shower as he stared into the night.

He thought of her.

He thought of her more than he'd like to.

He was honest when he told she was his woman and she always will be, that she would never escape him.

That's why he made sure to keep tabs on her, everything she did, everywhere she went, and everyone she was with, especially the men she was with.

He dreamed of her, he fucked his hand at the thought of her, he even collected photos of her every time he'd send his personal photographer to capture pictures of her.

She was his, it didn't matter how much time had passed, she was his.

Mateo felt two hands come up behind him as Marcella hugged her husband tightly, Inhaling his scent as she did so.

"Come to bed".

He turned around slowly, downing his drink in one gulp as he placed the glass down on the concrete railing.

He took her face in his hands as he stared at her, he didn't love her but she was here and she was his wife, feelings had grown and she wasn't as awful as she used to be, she at least had more respect for his men now.

Mateo connected their lips as he kissed her passionately, tugging at her white fluffy robe as it fell onto the floor before he started ravishing her with kisses.

Marcella moaned before wrapping her arms around him, both falling onto the bed as Mateo discarded his own clothing.

They fucked all night, Mateo's thoughts switching to the young beauty he left behind and back to the woman in his arms.

Mateo hummed before smiling to himself against her skin.

He could also say he felt at peace.

The end.

There's a sequel, completed. It's called Tainted.