Guns & kisses

It was a Saturday and Capri had canceled her plans with Isabela, she wanted to be alone today.

She woke up feeling down as if her body had remembered the long walks she would take around the garden with her father on Saturday's.

Capri was crying as she took a shower, scrubbing her scalp harsher than she needed to, she wanted to wash away her pain.

She had spoken to her grandmother on the phone this morning and hearing her voice had caused the initial breakdown, she missed her as well.

Capri was thinking to herself as her sobs died down and all that could be heard were her sniffles, she still had no idea why her father had decided to leave her with a man like Mateo.

Why couldn't her grandmother take care of her? It didn't make any sense but she was sure Mateo had the answers.

She had finished taking a shower her wet hair dripping droplets of water as she made her way down the hallway, she wore ripped jean shorts and a black crop top, also sporting yellow flip flops that created contrast with her outfit.

Capri had a feeling that he was in his office so she found herself knocking as she stood before it.

She waited patiently but knocked once again when she didn't receive an answer, this time opening it as she was once again met with silence.

The office was empty and the fireplace was lit up, the wood crackling as it burned.

She looked around the empty room, wondering where he could be.

With a shrug, she decided to leave and look for him somewhere else.

Stopping in her tracks, she noticed one of his many wall cabinets opened slightly.

Capri once again looked around the room before slowly making her way towards it with light steps.

She stopped in front and grabbed the handle before leisurely opening it.

Her eyes expanded as she made direct eye contact with a handful of weapons, it ranged from long ones to short ones, to big ones to small ones, what the fuck.

She didn't realize what she was doing until her hand had reached for one of them, a small one that she held in her grasp, eyeing it with amazement and fear.

"What the fuck are you doing"!

Capri jumped, fumbling with the weapon as his voice had completely startled her.

"Jesus, you scared me"! She breathed out.

She looked up at Mateo who charged towards her, yanking the gun out of her hand as he shoved it back into place before closing the cabinet with a key.

"What the fuck are you doing in my office Capri"? He asked, his voice laced with anger.

"I-I- I was looking for you and then the cabinet was open and I got curious and I-I- I'm sorry". She finally breathed out, scared of his reaction.

Mateo had noticed how she was now against the wall as if trying to get away from him, his eyes softened at her fear.

"I told you to knock before entering any of my rooms". He firmly said, walking towards his desk as irritation flooded his emotions.

"I did knock and there was no answer".

"Then you should've left". He glared.

Capri found herself sniffling as tears started running down her face, she missed her father and now Mateo was scolding her, what a day.