Blog Twenty: Serenity

~+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+~

Serenity is a Japanese hime who fell in love with a samurai named Shin. She first saw Shin when he helped her run away from the bandits who wanted to kidnap her while on her way home from visiting the Middle Kingdom. When Shin sent her back to the palace, she never forgot his face.

Serenity would disguise herself so that she could go out of the palace without her guards. She would navigate the world outside the palace on her own and search for Shin. She would find him either training in the mountains or helping out people.

Serenity would watch him in the distance, harboring her growing feelings for him in silence. Shin, on the other hand, would catch glimpses of a mysterious lady who seemed to be trailing him. He attempted to catch her plenty of times, but Serenity, being trained in Martial Arts as well, would always manage to flee.

Shin was, however, a very smart samurai. He plotted a trap to catch the mysterious lady. One day, Serenity disguised herself again to see Shin, but she could not find him anywhere.

When Shin caught sight of the mysterious lady, he moved quickly and grabbed her from behind. Because Serenity was wearing a long veil over her face, Shin did not recognize her instantly. He brought her to the mountains to question her, but when he removed her veil, he was surprised to see the princess behind it.

Serenity told him that she wanted to see the world outside the palace and that she thought the only one she could trust was the samurai Shin.

It was the start of their beautiful friendship.

As their friendship grew, Serenity’s feelings for Shin also became deeper. It was until one fateful day that she found out about Sora, the woman whom Shin’s heart belonged to.

Serenity was devastated to find out that Shin loved another woman. Yet in spite of it, she remained by his side—being his friend… and silently loving him.

~+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+~

“I so dislike it!” asar kong sabi at inihagis ang script pabalik kay Octavian pagkatapos kong basahin ang plot. “Never! As in… never!”

Octavian smirked at me. “Anong never?”

“Never! I’m so not playing the role of Serenity!”

“Then don’t. Tell that to the play committee and prepare to re-take your English and Literature subjects,” nakakibit-balikat na sabi ni Octavian.

“But this is just so unfair! The role is sapilitan! I mean, I never agreed on playing the role of Serenity! Sapilitan ito! I’m so going to tell Lolo and—”

“I heard that your grandfather was happy when he heard that you’re playing the role of Serenity. He told my grandfather,” sabi ni Octavian.

“What!?” I sputtered.

Oh, no! Kung masaya si Lolo, it just means… I’m doomed! I’m stuck with the stupid role! Nobody will save me now!

Okay, last resort. I don’t want to resort to blackmailing, but I have no other choice now! Ang pamba-blackmail ko na lang kay Kuya Cielo ang makakapagligtas sa akin ngayon!

Biglang ngumisi si Octavian. “If you’re thinking about blackmailing your brother to help you, forget it. I heard that your grandfather already found out about his subjects.”

Napanganga ako. What!? Does it mean, wala na akong pinanghahawakang pamba-blackmail kay Kuya ngayon!? No. No. No. No. No! No way!

I sat on the floor and started wailing. “It’s so unfair! Unjust! Where is my hustisya!?”