CHAPTER 16

Su - Alright..3...2...1..

He opened his eyes...Rohit blinked for a few seconds...And was surprised...

R - ISHU...You??

A girl who looked 16 to 17 looked up to him and smiled... she went towards him but side hugged Sumit instead....

I - Hi Sumit bro..,How are you??

Su - I'm good bud..How are you??

I - Yep great..

Rohit was confused...

R - Oh excuse me... What's happening over here??..

I - You know Bro, some people they tell you that they're your best friend and they love you, they care for you..but once they're away from you..they just forget you....just like that...Not a phone call..ok phones are not allowed but atleast letter.. telephone...Nope..Or atleast during your birthday..never..even then a No....and here I am like an idiot on their birthday...

Rohit looked sheepish...

R - Ishu I agree.... I'm at fault..I didn't call you even once..and...I forgot  your birthday 😅😅...but that doesn't mean that the entire fault is mine..I mean..you could've called me...you could've come here..🤨

I - Well Bro.... let's imagine a scenario..your friend has gone to a far away place...in order to graduate...so will you call them whenever you're free.??

Su - No absolutely not..I mean they might be busy and what if we disturb them??

I - Exactly.. Apparantly looks like some people just don't understand how it works..

R - Ishuuu... Alright it's my fault I agree.. I'm sorry..

I - Come on Rohit why are you apologizing unnecessarily....I wasn't talking about you...I was talking about my best friend Rohit who had vanished.. what's your fault in that?😊...

R - Oh ho Ishu.. I'm telling na I was at fault..(He held her chin and made her look at him.. placing his hands over his ears..) Sorry.. Sorry Sorry Sorry...there you go 4 times like everytime..☹️..

Not wanting to trouble him anymore and that too on his birthday..she genuinely smiled at him...

I - Alright....alright....apology accepted.....😂😂...

Rohit was surprised she relented so quickly but smiled brightly nonetheless..

R - Now come here...give me a hug...

He opened his arms as she hugged him and he lifted her in the hug...

I - Happy Birthday Goofball...(She said kissing his cheek)

R - Thank you.... I missed you....missed you so much..I missed everyone at home..

I - Yep..we missed you too.. Rohit!!!..(She ruffled his hair fondly)

He finally put her down... kissing her cheek..

R - Where's everyone else?? Did you come alone??

I - Yeah....I came from Sippy Mansion to St.Jeffery's College on foot..

He rolled his eyes at her..

R - Then where is everyone??

I - Well the car in which Mom, Pooji and Ajju came had a breakdown..so they'll come late..

R - And who did you come with??

I - I came with dad..

His expression had a significant change when she said that..