06.ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Days passed by and nothing seemed to change for Rohit. He was still highly uncomfortable whenever he saw Karan and Sonakshi together. Sumit was tired of his indirect approaches to make Rohit realise that he has feelings for Sonakshi, for he was really feeling bad seeing his friend like this. He didn't even get to spend much time him. He woke up way before Mr.Joseph woke up everyone in the hostel. One day when Sumit woke up at 5:00 am to drink water and was doing the same he noticed that Rohit was missing from his bed. He thought he might be in the restroom and was about to doze off again when he saw the door open and Rohit entered the room in his sweatpants.

Su-( In a sleepy voice) Ro..Rohitt...is that..is that you man??

R- Hey, it's me only.. go back to sleep.

Su- What are you (yawning as he glanced at the clock) at 5'o clock in the morning??

R- Well,(as he sat on his bed) I woke up early and I wasn't feeling like sleeping again, so I just went for a walk around the campus.

Sumit who was half asleep till now, woke up with a start knowing that Mr.Sloth Sippy has woke up early, an activity which he does only during exam times. He was just simply staring at him.

R- Why are you starting at me like that??

Su- You woke up early??

R- Yeah

Su- I guess today the sun is going to rise in the west today.

Rohit just glared at him and sat on his study.

Su- AND YOU'RE GOING TO STUDY NOW???

R-(placing his finger on his lips) ssshh.. why are you shouting like this early in the morning?? Do you plan to wake up everyone in the hostel??

Su- Rohit

He stopped as he thought of something.

Su- If you woke up early and decided to go for a walk, why didn't you wake me up?? We could've gone together na??

R- Uhh that..

Su- Yes that Rohit.

R- Umm you were sleeping... So ..I .I didn't want to disturb you.

Su- Disturb??? what does that even mean??

R- MBBS Second year, and you say you don't know the meaning of disturb wow!!!

Su- Very funny Rohit, I

R- Yes, funny Iam but right now this funny guy needs to some serious business. So just sleep.

Sumit wondered what on earth is wrong with this guy but wasn't able to think too much because of sleepiness and dozed off again.

Everytime they hang out in the canteen Raima tags along with Sona and her new found "bestie" whom Rohit wasn't so keen on hanging out with.
Almost everyday he made up some lame excuse and would to go to the library to distract his mind. Even though they were room mates they hardly spoke each other. During night whenever Sumit made an attempt to start a conversation with him, he would say either say he wanted to study something or he was just too tired to talk and would just lie down on his bed. At first, Sumit thought that that he was genuinely tired or wanted to study something but when this became a daily routine he figured out that he was ignoring and avoided talking to him or even with anyone. "Why the f*** is he avoiding me??? What did I do?? And isn't he behaving like an immature kid?? I can't tolerate any of your nonsense anymore Rohit.. you will need to answer me tomorrow no matter what." He thought to himself and pulled the bedsheet upon himself."

The next day Sumit woke up with a determination to get an explanation from Rohit for his juvenile behaviour. He woke up along with Rohit to which he was surprised but didn't show it.