CHAPTER 21

I - A letter??

She held it in her hand..

R - Show me..

I - Nope.. I'll only read it..

R - Ishu give it to me!!

I - I said..Only I will read it..which part of it wasn't clear to you??

R - Ishu.. what if she had written something personal??

She looked at him..

I - Fine..read it yourself..

She gave him the letter and got off him..

R - Ishu wait..

I - What?? You said there was something personal right??

R - Come on yaar I didn't mean that..

I - I'm not mad Rohit!! Really..You read it..

She smiled genuinely..

R - Ishu..

R - Rohit just breath will you!! Relax!! I'm not mad..

She made to go but he held her hand and almost dragged her to his room..

I - Rohit why have you brought me here??

R - Shhh..

He made her sit on the bed while placing his arms around cuddling her as to not letting her move..

I - Rohit what are you..

R - Ishu I didn't mean it that way baba..

I - I know Rohit!! And I totally get it!! Now leave me..

R - Nope..you have to read out that letter for me..

I - But you said..

R - I know what I said..Now read it..

I - Rohit look..I was kidding with you.. I'm not mad nor am I feeling bad.. you don't have to..

R - Ishu look there's nothing personal to me which I can't or won't share with you..and someday or the other you are going to read that letter..why not we we read it together!!

She was still apprehensive..

I - You're sure?

R - 200% now read it..

I - Okk..here we go

She opened the letter..

Dear Rohit,

Ok..First of all Happy Birthday ❤️!!. I'm really sorry that I didn't know it was your birthday.. otherwise I would've surely planned some surprise for you which is not possible right now...Ishita said that you like hand-made gifts or even letters..and since I don't know how to do origami or craft I'm writing you this letter..

R - You did??

I - Yep..she asked what would Rohit like to be gifted..I knew at that right moment that she has a thing for you..😂..

R - Aww.. you're the best Ishu..

He kissed her cheek..

I - Fine fine..Stop buttering up🙄!!

He laughed..

I don't know what to say to you or about you Rohit..I mean this new for me..I.. I'm utterly confused.. you..You..you are funny, you are unique, you..you are handsome, you are kind, you are intelligent, and you are wonderful altogether. I don't think you are told enough just how wonderful you are.. Do you even know how special you are.. especially to me??

Rohit..there is no one like you. Not a single soul out of the eight billion people on this earth. You are so, so, patient, because you deal with my annoying habits and my stupid behaviour everyday - and you always come back to me, even if I push you away or sometimes even punch you in the face..

Rohit chuckled..

I - Shh.. don't disturb me..

R - Sorry..

He said tightening his arms around her..

She smiled and continued reading..

You have made me laugh countless times, and you helped me to get over that stupid Karan..I cried over him almost every other day and you lent me over your shoulder to cry over...I..I can tell the same story to you about four to ten times, and you laugh each time. You know me inside out; and for someone who knows everything about me and still care for me, cherish me, and love me.. - Well.. according to me..they must be a truly wonderful person on the inside which you apparently are..

I'm.. I'm so lucky to have you in my life Rohit..You are worth each and every gem on this earth. And because you are so wonderful, so amazing, so unfailing in your love, affection and care for me I promise you this:

I will always be here for you. I will always stay by your side..You could never lose my friendship, my love..I will be with you through thick and thin and everything inbetween..I will stand up for you when idiots like that Karan and Ms.Elizabeth who do not see your brilliance and constantly try to knock you down..

You know why? Because you are my friend Rohit..or.. perhaps maybe something more than that..but I don't want to label it or give our relationship a name..I..I've never shared this kind of connection with anyone and I'm not sure whether I will be able to share with anybody else..but no matter what happens.. I'm sure our bond will always remain the same.. because you are so special to me Rohit..and because I love you too..

And I'm absolutely sure that nothing..I repeat nothing will ever change that..

With love,

Your Dear Sona❤️

I - Aww..that must be one of the sweetest letters I've ever read..

R - Right??

I - Why don't you just aske are out na Rohit?? It's really clear now that you both like each other..just go for it goofball..

R - Ishu do you think I don't want to? I.. she's just now in her first year and I don't know want this to distract her studies and secondly I wanted you to see her and give me the green signal..

I - Really??

R - Mmm I mean come on I can't date someone without telling you..and the same applies to you too🤨

She laughed..

R - Plus..I didn't want to ask her out here in the college you know during our vacations..Me,you,Pooji,Ajit,Sumit.. we'll hatch a plan we're going to be each other's first date and I want it to be special..

I - Aww..how cute..(She pinched his cheek) Fine Done 👍!! And Keep this letter safely somewhere..

She gave it to him..

R - Alright even Sona has given me my gift..what about you 🧐??

I - What do mean??..I myself am a gift for you Rohit what do you need more than me??

R - These tricks won't work with me I WANT MY GIFT!!

I - Rohit!!

R - I said I want my gift!!!

I - Rohit stop behaving like a 5 year old..

R - No way... I want my gift right now.. otherwise I won't let you go away from here..

I - Ughh!!Fine..you big baby 😒!!! your gift is right here..

****************

Hey guys..Here goes the next chapter..

I hope everyone likes it..

Please do vote and comment in the comments section below

I'll meet you all in the next chapter..

Till then,

Au revoir