CHAPTER 20

"Rohit..I want to talk to you!"

He looked behind and then at Sonaskshi..

"(Cough) Yeah sure..Tell me Sona.."

S - Rohit.. I'm sorry I didn't know that today is your birthday..and..

R - Hey Sona.. it's totally fine you don't have to..

He was talking but his focus was on Ishita who was now tiptoeing to the door as to not to make any voice..

S - Come on Rohit!! You're bound to say that..but I must've done something for you..I mean afterall I'm your...

Even Ishita who was walking stopped in her tracks hearing that..and glared at him to which he shook his head by holding his Adam's apple..

Thankfully after almost uttering the word Sona had gone a little pink and averted her gaze from him not seeing their little interaction,

R - My??

S - I mean we're such good friends and I should've remebered your birthday..

R - Sona come on ya!! This is not some kind of obligation..that you should remember my birthday..come on!! It's ok happens..

Ishita glared at him when the three of them heard a cat meowing..

Sonakshi stopped for a moment

S - Well I..

*Meow*

S - Well the actual reason why I came here is..

*Meow*

She looked behind but it wasn't there..

S - Well I..

*Meow*

R - Where is that cat??

As soon as he said those words the cat almost jumped on Sonaskshi on the verge of scratching her..

She hugged him a reflex..

R - Sona you're ok??

S - Yes!! But is it gone??

R - Sona..I

The only way for him to scare off the cat was only if she left him..

Ishita smiled seeing that but knew the cat had to get out for them to talk..

She groaned inwardly..She was deadly allergic to cats..

She slowly made her way towards the cat lifting it..

Rohit almost shouted at her not to do so but she gestured him to stay quiet..

She kept the cat as far as she could and slowly went down the stairs ever so slowly without making any noise.

R - Sona..

S - mm??

R - It's gone..

S - What??

R - The cat Sona!!

S - Yeah right.. Sorry 😅..

She broke the hug awkwardly..

R - Hey.. it's ok..Now what is it that you wanted to tell me?

S - I.. it's just..here you go..

She gave him the little box that she had brought with her..

He smiled seeing that..

R - Sonaa!! 😄..you you didn't have to..

S - But I wanted to Rohit!!