05.WHY HIM??

A frustrated Rohit made his way outside the library. He himself didn't know what on earth he so worked up. He went to his room threw his bag and sat down on the bed with his head buried between his hands. While Sumit who was in a very good mood (don't ask me why 😉) was on his way towards his room but halted his action just outside the door to see a very much distressed Rohit. Sumit was about to say something, but then he heard him say,

R- Why? Why Sonakshi Why??

"Sonakshi?" Sumit wondered and was about to enter the room, when Rohit stood up and faced the window. As his back was facing Sumit, Rohit was unaware of his presence.

R- Why am I so frustrated?? I mean Karan liked her, so he is trying to impress her.. what's the big deal?? And moreover she was the girl who thought I bumped into her intentionally whereas it was really accidental. But then what did she do shouted and yelled at me as if I was about to kidnap her or something. BUT, when that stupid Karan had flirted her with her without any filter, did she do anything? Or did she atleast something? Nothing. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! Like seriously?? A girl who can yell at a stranger who had accidentally (shaking his head vehemently) sorry sorry intentionally bumped into her, can't she atleast speak a word or two to a COMPLETELY NEW GUY who she hasn't met until now and YET stayed quiet.That is the reason why he continued talking (shaking his head) no no continued flirting with her as she stayed quiet, he would've thought maybe she likes me flirting with her.

Suddenly a thought crossed his mind.

R- What...if..she...she.. likes him??? No of course not maybe she was apprehensive to snap at a complete new stranger..

He thought for a moment.

R- But...but...then she yelled at...me....

He shaked his head as if clearing his thoughts.

R- No Rohit what nonsense are you thinking?? No no of course not, none of the things you thought right now are true..

All the while Sumit who was standing behind listening to his friend's speech decided to interrupt him by clearing his throat. But it seemed to have no effect on Rohit. He coughed but unfortunately had no response came from Rohit.

Su- Rohit.

No response

Su-(a little higher) Rohittt!!!

No response yet

Su-( his voice considerably high) ROHIT!!!

Rohit flinched and turned with the jerk to get a view of the person who has disturbed his inner stage performance which he was orating to..... himself. But it turned out none other than Sumit.

R- Had he listened to what I was saying??(he muttered under his breath)

Su- What??

R- Nothing. Why are standing outside? Come in..

Su- Oh hello! I don't need your permission, it's my room too.

Rohit rolled his eyes.

R- And wait a minute ( he raised his eyebrows) Were you eavesdropping??

Su- Well Rohit my boy, eavesdropping is done when "two or more than that" people are involved in a conversation and a third person listens to it and you young man were talking to (looked around the room) were talking to.... nobody in particular.

Rohit knew his question was imbecile but still he didn't give up.

R- So??? Where you spying on me🤨??

Su- Rohit I'm not you girlfriend to "spy" on you. I was about to enter the room when I noticed that an award winning speech was being presented by my friend and how could I possibly miss it.