04.THE OTHER GUY

Sonakshi and Raima walked into the canteen. They place their orders and occupied an empty table. And almost at the same time Rohit and Sumit also entered the canteen. SuRa were pleasently surprised to see each other (given the fact that they were thinking about each other the whole day 😁). Rohit and Sonakshi smirked at their friends but soon the smirk turned into frowns when they saw each other. After placing their orders, Sumit guided Rohit towards the table opposite to the table where Sonakshi and Raima were seated. Rohit at first glared at Sumit but then had no other choice but to agree when he looked at him with pleading eyes. Sumit sat facing Raima whereas Rohit had to sit beside him facing Sonakshi.

Su- Hey, so we meet again.

Ra- Yeah.

Su- How was your first day..

Sonakshi started getting up making everyone look a her

S- No no both of you continue, I was just about to get my order.

And she signalled Rohit to get up. To which he gave her a 'what do you mean' look.

S-(gritting her teeth) I'm sure your order might also be ready by now (subtly pointing towards SuRa) so shall we???

Rohit understood her and nodded his head in affirmation with a blank expression on his face. Sonakshi received two plates of Cheese Sandwich whereas she had ordered French Toast.

S-( to the canteen owner) Uncle I had ordered French Toast not Cheese Sandwiches.

Canteen owner- I'm so sorry mam, I didn't notice.

S- That's alright and please don't call me mam I am way more younger to you, can you please change it?

Canteen owner -(smiling) Of course I will. (looking at Rohit) you'll get your order please have patience.

Rohit at first looked at him with a grumpy expression but soon smiled and nodded his head in approval. Sonakshi wondered how they knew each other. " What do you mean how do they know each other?? He's a second year student of course he knows the canteen owner" chided her mind at her imbecile question.

"Excuse me, I guess I've got the wrong order can I change it?? came a voice from behind and both of them turned towards the voice.

R- Hey Karan!!!

K- Hi Rohit!!

K- Uncle I guess you've changed the order..

Canteen owner- Iam sorry Karan, I gave your order to her, and gave her order to you.

"It's alright uncle" Sonakshi and Karan said together.

Both looked at each other whereas Rohit raised his eyebrows in surprise. When they did not react he cleared his throat to make his presence evident.

Both of them looked away and felt sheepish.

K- Hi I'm Karan, second year.

S-(nervousness evident) Sonakshi here, First year.

K- Of course, otherwise why would I not know such a beautiful girl.

Sonakshi was surprised and fumbled for words. Whereas Rohit was clearly irritated Karan's behaviour and he did not know the reason himself.
Their orders were placed before them and RoNakshi excused themselves from Karan.

K- I'll see you in the class Rohit,(looking at Sonakshi) I really hope we meet again..

Sonakshi just nodded with an awkward smile which did not get Karan's attention, while Rohit was having a hard time controlling his urge to warn Karan to stay from her. "Why do you want him to stay away from her" scolded his mind. And they made their way towards their table. When Rohit turned behind to look at Karan but was not able to find him, instead he found the canteen owner smirking seeing Karan and Sonakshi. "Why on earth is he smirking?? he thought. On reaching their table they found a very happy looking SuRa and occupied the the table beside them to give them some much needed privacy. RoNakshi sat in awkward silence and ate their meals but their consciousness was yelling at them to open their mouth and speak anything. When Rohit finally decided to break the ice between them he took a glance at his watch and noticed that their break was over and they had to get back to their classes.

R- Sumit, time is up let's go to class.

Su- So soon??

R- We've been sitting here for the last 30 minutes dude!!

Sumit looked sheepish and went along with Rohit reluctantly. Sonakshi and Raima also made their way towards the class and both Rohit and Sonakshi had managed to drill out their much needed information from Sumit and Raima. Deep inside RoNakshi were thinking about each other.

As their classes were over, Sonakshi made her way towards the library and asked the librarian for a particular book.

L- I'm so sorry my dear, the last book of the stock is taken.

S- That's alright.

She then thought of something.

S- Can you tell me the name of the person who took the last book?

L- Oh yeah, It's Rohit Sippy well he's a good guy he might give you the book if you ask for it.

Sonakshi thought to herself "Rohit Sippy?? Is this the same Rohit??"

S- Is he still in the library??

R- Yes he is.

And the librarian pointed towards the table Rohit was sitting. Sonakshi mustered up her courage and went to the boy sitting over at the bench and cleared her throat. The boy seemed to shake the book a bit due the sudden interruption but continued to read the book anyway without any worry.

S-(in a soft tone) Excuse me??

He shifted the book a bit to get a look at the person who was addressing him. Both of them gave an inward groan because the person whom both of them were not so interested to see right now were before their eyes.

R- Yes??

S- Umm Have you finished reading the book??

R- Why??

Sonakshi controlled her urge to say something sarcastic and continued in a not so polite tone.

S- Because I want to read it.

R- I'm so sorry but I'm reading it.

S- Yeah that's the reason I am asking if you finished reading the book??

Rohit was a bit thrown off now and tried to sound as gentle as possible.

R- No I haven't finished reading it yet.

Sonakshi knew she was being unfair and made her way towards the librarian to ask for another book. While Rohit's attention had shifted from the book and was now on Sonakshi. Just as she was about to ask something to the librarian Karan came there and returned the book that he had borrowed which happened to be the same book which Sonakshi had wanted to read and the same book which Rohit refused to give to her. Sonakshi was so happy and and gave Karan a tight.. handshake (nothing else) and Rohit was fuming in anger right now. "Did he had to have everything she wanted everytime?? First her order, second the book she wanted. I don't think this all this is a coincidence" he thought to himself and saw as Sonakshi sat on a table with a smile on her face reading the book which he had but.. she was having the one given to her by Karan.
He was frustrated and made his way outside the library.

Hey guys, I'm so sorry I wasn't able to update for a few days but here Iam again.. I hope you all like the chapter and please forgive me for any mistakes 🙏🙏. Please do vote and comment..

Till then,

Au revoir.....