08. THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

Rohit was almost sure that he had moved on from Sonakshi. As for Sonakshi, she really was having mixed feelings for Karan (don't scold me yet wait) . At first, she had thought that Karan was just a very good friend of hers, but as time passed she felt different feelings for him. She was telling herself that he was only her friend and nothing more than that. But whenever they met she felt that she was lying to herself.

After a week

All the students were called to the auditorium for an important announcement. Some were excited, some were least bothered, while some had no idea why they were called to the auditorium in the first place. Sumit, Raima, Rohit,Sonakshi and Karan entered. Rohit felt awkward seeing them both, sensing his discomfort SuRa tried to cheer him up by talking, teasing and Rohit knew they were doing this to make him feel better and felt lucky to have such friends. Sonakshi was still confused about her feelings and Karan always being near her did no good.

The murmuring in the hall subsided as Pr.Joseph made his way to the main stage.

Pr- Good morning my dear students, Hope you're doing well!! I know many of you are wondering why you were called here?  Well the reason why you were called here is, I have an announcement to make.

Rohit who was standing in the crowd whispered loud enough for the four of them to hear,

R- Of course it must be an announcement, otherwise why would he call us.. to marry his daughter??

All four of them giggled.

Pr. So the announcement is the freshers and second year students are supposed to do an assignment together!

The murmuring started again.

Pr- Silence!

And there was pin drop silence.

Pr- As I said, all the students are supposed work together. You are supposed work as a team of 2 and you can't just team up with whomever you like, the professors will decide who teams with whom.

All the students again start murmuring, some happy, some in denial, while some who had just dozed off woke up just now and was asking their friends why the heck they were called here!!

Pr- All right students, you may return to your classes now.

All made their way out of the hall, and after their classes all five of them turned up to the canteen as decided.

Su- So new project huh!!

R- Yep!!

Su-(with a dreamy sigh) I hope I get a beautiful girl as my partner!

He smirked as he saw Raima stopped mid-way while drinking her lemon juice. Her face clearly showed that she was irritated. While the three of them were struggling not to laugh.

Ra-(with a very sweet but fake smile) Of course! That's what every boy would want na sweetheart?? You see even I hope that I get a handsome and dashing senior as my partner... Just like you, even I'm bored of seeing your face every single day!!

Su- Hey, I never said anything about getting bored!!

Ra- Yeah, but that's what you meant na??

Su- Hello, You were the one who started talking about getting bored I was just..

R- Time out guys, stop it!!

Ra- Hey, he was the one who started it the first place.

Su- Yeah, but I didn't...

"Enough"

Rohit and Sonakshi said at the same time. They both looked at each other when Karan felt uneasy all of a sudden and cleared his throat.