Chapter Ten

_many months later_
_January 23_

Amati Tanaka
。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

Ever since that incident, all of them have been on edge. Amati, Satoru...

And especially Geto.

Amati hardly even saw him the past months. He goes on missions, comes back tired, and when he has free time, she's the one sent on missions. Gojo no longer has enough time for spending it with them, Shoko is always stuck in the medical section.

It's just... everyone is alone.

Most of the time, Amati is in her room, on her bed staring up at the ceiling. Overthinking.

Memories of Riko and Kuroi and the battle with Toji run around in her brain like a marathon. Even if those two events happened on only two days... they haunt her.

She always looks at the small seashell on her dresser, the one she gave Riko. The seashell that was found in her pocket after Gojo brought her body.

Sometimes she feels the strong urge to scream about everything that happened, but there's no one there to talk to, as she hardly ever sees her friends.

So, she's silent.

But, when Shoko and Gojo see Amati, it's like they were never a minute apart. The jokes and friendship is still there. But Suguru...

He always seems so far away. Maybe he needs more cheering up. That's why Amati immediately planned out their date the moment she heard both of them had a day off.

Now, as Amati and Geto take a small walk towards the mall, hands intertwined, Amati forgets all the days they hardly spoke to each other, and enjoys the moment for now.

Her main goal is to go back home knowing she made Suguru happy. That's more important to her than anything else in the world right now.

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

Suguru Geto:

As they walk, Geto bends down to quickly pluck a beautiful purple flower from a florists shop before attracting attention. He smiles and tugs it in Amati's hair, over her ear. "You make the flower pretty." He tells her.

Amati smiles and flushes a bit. "Been long since you flirted like this." She purses her lips and pinches his cheek.

"Ow..." he winces batting her hand away from his face and into his hand instead. They continue their walk towards the mall, and once inside, Amati's craziness hits.

"Suguru! Suguru!"

"What?"

She grins and drags him inside a clothes store. "Sit here." She points to a chair seated in front of changing rooms.

"What? But why?"

"Just sit!" She pushes him down over the chair. "If we don't get kicked out today then there's a problem in the world." She says and leaves him sitting.

"Wait! What are you going to do?" He asks panicking.

She grabs a handful of clothes and disappears into a changing room.

Five minutes later she comes out.

Geto nearly falls over his seat. "AMATI?"

She laughs. "Ain't this fashionable?"

Red sweater. Green shirt. Yellow pants.

"Take them off!" Geto puts his hand over his face.

"Aww! You don't like them? Fine." She pouts and disappears inside.