Chapter Fifty Four

October 31st

A curtain with a 400 meter radius was cast centered at the Tokyo Department store at Tokyo Branch.

...........................

Satoru Gojo

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

8:20 p.m

It was meant to be a normal Halloween. A festival with costumes, hanging out with the students, enjoying their time... that is until the news.

Amati and Gojo head to Shibuya after the rest of the sorcerers and students headed there themselves.

They stop right before the entrance to Hikarie ShinQ's B1F. "Amati, I need you to take care of the outside." He tells her.

"What?" She raises an eyebrow at him. "No. I'm going inside with you."

This was the bad feeling he told Yuta about. The bad feeling Amati warned him of.

The bad feeling that tells him things will get bloody, and he will not risk dragging Amati into this mess. "I'm only going to take a look inside. If I find anything, I'll let you know. You, on the other hand, will look around here. If you find anything, also tell me."

Before he could head inside, Amati grabs his sleeve. "Please Satoru. Let me go with you."

He faces her and tucks a strand of her  hair behind her ear. "Let me get this done, and before you know it, I'll use some nice spooky tricks on you once we get in bed." He grins.

Ever since their memorable night, more and better memorable moments took place, whether in the kitchen, in the pool, the garden...

To say Satoru is not living a dream is a lie. It's like their bodies are made for each other. He memorized her every detail, all the moves that drive her mad, the places where she's sensitive the most. He loves the way she yells his name when he does dangerous wondrous things to her.

Amati's cheeks turn a slight shade of red, "But--"

"Its alright, Amati. We'll be alright." He kisses her and steps back. "Be back before you know it."

She sighs. "Fine. I'll be here waiting."

And so Satoru steps inside.

8:38 p.m

"Yeesh, what a mess." He tells himself as he looks at the mess of people all in different Halloween costumes.

He steps over their heads, too occupied with his thoughts to even care. The curtain above ground that's trapping non-sorcerers originates from somewhere down below, huh...

"Sorry, coming through." He says as he makes his way to the middle, floating in the air and looking down the floors.

I think I get what they're after. Bring it on.

"There you are!" He hears a familiar deep voice, and when he shifts his eyes a little to the right, he sees no other than volcano head, grinning a black toothed grin up at him.

"He he he." Gojo grins and steps down on Fukutoshin line platform. "Look at you, all ready to go." He points at him. "No excuses if you lose again this time, okay?"

"Don't you worry about us, just be sure to have your first ever excuse ready!" The volcano head laughs, his friends approaching from behind him.

Gojo hears something move above, and when he looks up, a cluster of weeds fold over each other, blocking his path back above.