Chapter Forty Two

Satoru Gojo

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

So. She was awake that day, and she tried to pretend she wasn't.

Gojo smiles and leans close to her. Heart pounding a little faster than normal, he presses his lips to her forehead, closing his eyes at the feeling.

He gives a light kiss and pulls away, looking down on her sleeping figure. "Don't worry, Amati." He whispers to her, putting his forehead against hers. "I won't let anything happen to you. I promise."

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

He wakes up at 8, takes a shower, moves around in the room a little, orders breakfast, sits and watches TV, checks up on the students and Nanami and Yuji, and just waits.

It's 2:00 p.m and Amati is still asleep. Bored as hell, he decides to wake her up instead.

"Wake up, sleepy head." Gojo kindly throws a pillow on her head.

She stirs slowly but doesn't wake.

"A-ma-ti." He hits her with the same pillow in rhythm to the syllables of her name.

"Hmmmmmmmm?" She groans, burying her face in her own pillow.

"It's two p.m. Get up."

"Let me hibernate." She says, voice muffled by the pillow.

"It's not winter yet, so no hibernating for you. Now that I know decreasing your flow of Cursed Energy is this effective, then I'll do it for you every night. But wake up for now."

"Five more minutes."

"Fine, five minutes. I'll go make you some coffee, and by the time I'm done, you better already be sitting on that couch." He says, moving to the counter to make her coffee. When he's done--which took him a while because he tried his best to make it delicious--he turns around to see Amati already on the couch, but still in her pajamas.

"You look like you won a prize." Gojo says as he sits beside her, handing her the mug of coffee.

"Yeah I did." She takes the mug. "The best sleep of the year. I swear I haven't slept this deep before." She smiles.

"I'm glad." Gojo grins. "Now that I solved your sleeping problem, what do I get?"

She takes a sip from the coffee, her eyes widening. "A compliment." She looks at him. "This is amazing!" She raises the mug to his face. "What did you put in this?"

Gojo laughs. "My finger." He raises his pointer finger and wiggles it. "In other words: my touch."

She chokes. "Please tell me you didn't actually put your finger."

"Nah, I just put a little vanilla and extra cream."

"It's really good. You should always do this." She leans back and puts her feet on the table, smiling like the cutest idiot ever.

"You should see yourself." Gojo leans his cheek in his palm, grinning.

"Why?" She asks still smiling.

"I've never seen you smile this lazily before."

"Good sleep does that to a human, doesn't it?" She rests her head back closes her eyes, the smile never leaving.

"I guess it does." He then remembers something and stands up. "Forgot to do something." He winces. He wears his blindfold and walks to the door. "I'll be right back." He says over his shoulder.