Chapter Fifty

_Five days later_

Amati Tanaka

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

Amati feels... Empty.

It's been a full day since Satoru was sent on his mission overseas, and since its overseas, that means it'll take at least three more days until she sees him.

Laying down on their bed, she realizes she cannot stay far from him any longer than an hour. It feels so wrong.

He begged her to come with him, but Yaga Sensei had assigned her to different missions. Plus, she has to teach the students.

She gets up and dresses in her uniform, getting ready for her miserable day.

Riiingggg

She picks up her phone to find Yaga Sensei calling her.

"Yes, Sensei?" She asks.

"That Special Grade Curse you battled last time is back. Five people have gone missing, and in the same way the previous ten were."

Amati knew this was coming. Ever since she battled that Curse, the day Yuji died, she always prepared for its return. And now here it is.

"Alright I'm going."

She puts her blade in its sheath and heads out to find the damned thing.

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

"The last guy who disappeared was last seen here." Ijichi tells her as they look around from a roof.

Finding a special grade Spirit is a lot harder than it sounds.

Amati tries to sense it, but finds nothing.

"Last time I saw it, it was in the outskirts of Tokyo. Which makes more sense since it needs to devour its meals someplace it wouldn't get interrupted."

Ijichi shivers at the 'devour it's meals" part.

"So I'll look there."

"B-but--"

"Don't worry, Ijichi. You won't come with me." She looks over her shoulder at him. "Don't try any moves like last time."

Ijichi sighs. "I promised to never do so ever again."

Amati smiles and nods before activating her time bending technique.

With lots of practice, she can almost use it up to thirty minutes, which is more than enough time. She reaches the outskirts of Tokyo, wandering in the trees until she finds it.

The same monster which is somehow bigger than before, is frozen in time, eating a dead body.

Amati raises her blade, jumps behind him, and...

The spirit dodges her blade attack the moment she lets her time bending technique fall. It's as if it sensed her.

The Curse throws the body away and looks her in the eyes with its four eyes. "We meet again, special grade."

Amati puts two fingers before her, and sucks out the air from around the Spirit. It figures out what she's doing and tries to get out of the vacuum space, but Amati was more than prepared and wherever it tries to go, Amati has already sucked the air from that place.

She senses an attack from her left, and she raises her blade without looking, letting one of the Cursed Spirits friends get sliced in half.

She flicks her wrist and opens a black hole, sucking in two more of those new friends.