Chapter Thirty Five

_Two weeks later_

_July_

Amati Tanaka

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

After Gojo left to clean up after a grade one sorcerer, trouble happened on the outskirts of Tokyo.

Amati was the only one left to go see what was going on. She also heard that another Spirit was causing trouble in a jail, and her students were sent with Ijichi. But, according to Ijichi, it's not even a grade one Spirit, so Amati wouldn't worry about it.

Ten people were reported missing, and it's the cause of what the report has said, mysterious disappearance.

One moment they're there, the next, the victims vanish.

"No other than a Cursed Spirit." Ijichi told her. "Yaga Sensei wants you to see the cause of it."

So here she is, walking between the trees, searching for it in the dark, only the moon's light guiding her.

As she takes another step, a hard disgusting metallic stench hits her.

Blood.

She scrunches her nose and starts breathing through her mouth, continuing her search.

But as she nears towards the smell, she notices them. Three bodies splayed on the ground.

Three... severed bodies.

And one more in the jaws of the most disgusting thing Amati has ever seen.

The Cursed Energy this thing gives off immediately tells her one thing.

A special grade.

She takes out her blade.

A special grade needs at least four slices from her blade--of course using her Technique Slayer-- to actually die.

Amati pushes herself through the air, raising her blade, but is pushed off with some invisible force to the tree at her right.

She hits the floor, clenching her teeth at the scratch against her skin from the tree.

What was that?

The special grade is almost twice the size of her, with gray skin, two legs and arms. It has four eyes, two holes for its nose, and large white bloodied fangs.

"Special grade sorcerer." It scoffs, it's voice hard and rough. "You dare interrupt my dinner?"

Amati narrows her eyes on it, trying to understand what it's strength is.

It throws the dead body to the ground, licks it's long teeth, and Amati swears it grows an inch right there and now.

"Delicious negative blood..." it growls. "More... more!"

It charges at Amati.

It's speed is like anything Amati has ever seen. One moment it's there, not even half a second it's right before her, mouth open wide, ready to devour her.

She slices it's stomach with her blade at the same moment she glides under it's legs. Not giving it time to recover, she leaps and runs the blade across the back of it's neck, earning a satisfying shriek.

"Where the hell did you come from?" She asks, and she circles it, knowing that defeating this creature is not easy at all, and those two slices she made weren't because she was fast. It was because it let her.