Chapter Thirteen

Amati Tanaka:

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

It's been a day after her stupid breakdown. And she hardly left her room.

But when she heard Geto left on a mission, only then did she dare get out and went to the cafeteria.

Shoko was there—which was strange given her harsh medic schedule, but Amati was glad to see her.

"Oi Sho." She says, sitting beside her.

"Ami!" She says, putting light pink nail polish on her pointer nail. "How are you?"

Horrible. Hurt. Tired. Confused. Angry. Furious.

"I'm good." She says. "What about you?"

"Good, but tired. I hardly slept this week. Too many experiments."

"That sucks. But at least you're still figuring out stuff."

"Yeah, I guess so." She looks at her. "Ah. You're hair is straighter."

"Yeah I straightened it today after showering."

"Ooo. It looks good on you though." She says.

"Shoko-san!" Someone yells from across the cafeteria.

"Hmm? Ijichi?"

"They need you down in the lab! Something important happened."

"Ughhhhh." Shoko whines. "Sorry Ami, duty calls."

"It's alright." She smiles and watches Shoko hurry up towards Ijichi.

Amati sighs and starts putting Shoko's nail polish on her own nails. When was the last time she's even done this?

"Oi! Amati! There you are! Whatchya doin'?"

"Hmm?" She looks up and finds Gojo standing right before her. "Oh Satoru. Ah, nothing actually. Just... killing time."

Gojo doesn't seem convinced. "Tell me what's wrong." He says sitting on a chair beside her.

*art isn't mine* random comic found on pintrest, I only added text👀

She's reminded of her words yesterday. Tell me. Tell me... she said to Geto.

She clenches her fists. Should she tell this to Satoru? Will he understand?

"It's something about Suguru, isn't it?"

She looks at him, surprised he guessed it. "Yeah... It is." She looks back at her nails.

"Then tell me everything." He says, actually serious.

She takes a deep breath, about to tell him to leave the topic...

But instead her tongue lets it all out. All of it.