Nine

It was another regular day at the cafe. Jennie was yawning, she decided to be the cashier for today in case her mind and soul wakes her up. She was staring at the door when Jisoo showed up, lazily pushing the cafe door. She was a little late today than usual, Jennie noticed. And she wasn't wearing her favorite white denim jacket, just a thin blue striped long sleeves. Her eyes were puffy and the eye bags are darker than the regular hue.

She snapped at the thought when Jisoo flicks her fingers in front of her face making her gasped.

"Sorry I was spacing out" her eyes roamed around the room before realizing she was the cashier today "same as usual right?" she asked.

Jisoo ignored her question "You didn't told me that you were the owner of this cafe" she said in a monotonous voice.

"You didn't asked" one of her eyebrows raised "and isn't it obvious?" she rolled her eyes as Jisoo reviewed her from head to toe. That explains why Jennie dressed differently from the others. And also the only person she hasn't seen before. Because she wasn't out here serving people, of course. She's always in the counters or at the back counting stocks.

"Whatever," she knocked on the counter in front of her, leaning forward "black coffee today" she handed the payment and turned around to go settle on her spot. Jennie hissed, what's wrong with her today? Jennie mumbles.

Jisoo keeps shifting on her sit, trying to find a comfortable position. But she failed, she released a long sign and stretched both of her arms before started typing. But nothing came out of her mind. She groaned and buried her face on the keyboard. Feeling frustrated.

"Need inspiration?" Jennie sets the the coffee down and sat down beside the girl "maybe I could help"

"You look tired today" Jisoo whispered. Jennie's mouth agape, she wasn't aware that she herself looks tired too.

"I— ah- I just couldn't sleep last night" of course she won't admit that it's Jisoo's fault.

The other girl's head finally lifted, she was grinning but her eyes were sad and tired "I bet you had a good time last night" she teased.

Jennie was confused at the moment before realizing what the other girl mean. She blinked twice looking at Jisoo's lips then averted her eyes somewhere else. She silently wished that whatever Jisoo thought, was true, but it was not.

Because her mind is full of another person, it's full of Jisoo's annoying ass. She decided to shove the thought and remained friendly to her girlfriend's best friend. She's here to cheer her up anyway, not to argue again.

She inhaled deeply before confessing "Not really" she was looking down the table with her head held high while ticking the table with her index finger "We didn't do it"

Jisoo scoffed "You don't have to lie in my face just to make me feel better" she looked away feeling irritated more than before "I'm not stupid"

Jennie shook her head in disbelief "I won't push you to believe me Jisoo"

Jisoo stretched again, yawning. She stopped, facing the transparent ceiling above her. Dropping her hands above her lap, she stared at it and noticed the growing vines. It already consumed half of her space now, allowing it to block the sun from shining through.

Jennie turned to Jisoo in curiosity, she saw that the girl was earnestly observing the fresh vines. She honestly preferred it before, where it doesn't look gloomy and Jisoo's face was the spot light. Now she can barely see Jisoo's face clearly from the inside. She kinda missed it. Maybe that's the reason why she's currently here outside. To simply stare at her favorite view.