Twenty Three

Jisoo slammed her things down at the table before dropping herself on the seat. She can't believe that the tall handsome guy will be the first person she'll see in the cafe today. She grabbed her laptop from the bag and placed it on top of the table. Where's Jennie anyway? She peaked inside while opening the laptop screen. When she haven't noticed Jennie, she turned back to the screen and saw her frowning reflection. 'Damn it,' she shut her laptop close again then waved high so the staff would notice her. 'I look terrible today'.

"MY COFFEE" she mouthed one of the waiters who noticed her. The boy quickly obliged and walked pass Jennie who just came in "Oh" she's late today. Jisoo's mood shifted a little lighter. She hoped the girl would give her attention today. But Jisoo's heart dropped when Jennie went directly to the guy, giving him a peck on the cheek.

Jisoo's jaw clenched "Miss Jisoo" the sight of the two chatting and laughing was making her blood boil "Miss Jisoo" the boy repeated in a louder voice until Jisoo noticed him "Are you alright miss Jisoo? Here's your coffee"

"Huh? Uh yeah" she shrugged and took the coffee "Sorry" the guy smiled and nodded before leaving Jisoo in her thoughts again.

She took a sip of coffee then her faced wrinkled "Why does it taste so bitter today" she groaned and placed it down. This was her regular order before Jennie started making one for her. Maybe her taste buds adjusted to that one. Or maybe she just missed the person.

Jisoo was about to wave again for another order of coffee but stopped when she noticed Jennie. She was being dragged by the guy towards the corner side of the cafe. She was smiling, actually, almost laughing. Wait, that's the restroom's direction right? Jisoo immedietly stood up and walked briskly towards the direction.

There's no way her hunch was right. Jennie can't do this right? That corner have a special place on Jisoo's heart. And she had expected Jennie felt the same, but, what the hell is happening?

The two were already out of sight so Jisoo started jogging.

Her mouth went agape, her legs were frozen. She was staring at the guy's back, blocking Jennie from her view. His forearm leaning against the wall just above Jennie's shoulder, and his head was bent down. "No fucking way"Jisoo whispered under her breath, before walking again towards them. Her heartbeat was getting unstable, and her head is on fire. She grabbed the guy's back collar and pulled it harshly, making the guy face her. She was about to punch him in the face but Jennie stopped her by holding her knuckles.

Shock was all over their faces, including Jisoo who noticed a baby video playing on the guy's hand.

"What are you doing?" Jennie asked. She gently pushed Jisoo's knuckles down as Jisoo released the guy's collar, leaving the crumpled cloth. Her face was still confused.

"Ah- I— what are you two doing?" Jisoo asked in a defensive voice. Jennie's face softened, she heaved a sign and held Jisoo's hand. Trying to calm the girl down.

"Jisoo," she turned to Kai and smiled "this my brother Kai. Kai, this is Jisoo.." she turned to the girl hesitantly "...my friend"

My friend? Just a friend? And "W-what? Your brother?!" Jisoo moved back a little and didn't wait another minute, she bowed in front of him "I'm sorry— I- I didn't know"

Kai chuckled, he patted Jisoo's shoulder and helped the girl to straighten "No worries, we're just watching my little angel's video" he lifted his phone up in front of Jisoo and showed a video of a dancing toddler. It must be his child.

"We thought that the sound will distract the other customers so we went here" Jennie gazed at Jisoo and smiled teasingly "What were you thinking, Jisoo?"

Jisoo stuttered "I-I thought—" she cleared her throat "I'm sorry again" she walked away and decided to go home early. She can't face the two anymore, at least not after this incident. She just showed Jennie how jealous she was and she embarrassed herself in front of her brother. "Oh god Jisoo what were you thinking" she mumbled while quickly packing her things before leaving the cafe.

When the night came, Jisoo couldn't settle herself. She told Chaeyoung everything and the girl just laughed at her "You're no help" Jisoo hissed, and continued walking back and forth in front of Chaeyoung.

The girl was munching nachos on the couch, it was a left over when Lisa came over earlier "Well, you can't do anything about it unnie. Just say sorry, Jennie is whipped for you anyway" she chuckled and took another crunchy bite of her nacho.

Jisoo scratched her head in annoyance "Whipped? You can't say that! She even called me A FRIEND earlier. We're in different space Chaeng, I swear" she sat beside Chaeyoung and buried her face on her palms "She doesn't see me like that Chaeng" her voice low and sad.

"Aww," Chaeyoung caressed Jisoo's back "you're being dramatic unnie" she snorted making Jisoo gaze up to her with mad look. She couldn't contain herself, she knew too well how the two like each other, and so she laughed again.

Jisoo shook her head and stood up "This is hopeless, you cant help me" she walked towards her room and shut the door close. Leaving the girl who doesn't really care about anything but her nachos.

[Jisoo]
"Hi jen"

[Jennie]
"You sound awkward, what's up?"

[Jisoo]
"Uhh do I? I just wanna say sorry again for earlier. I didn't mean to do that, I didn't know he was your brother"

[Jennie]
"No problem, I understand ;)"

What does that wink even mean? Is she still playing around? Does she even like Jisoo? The word friend kept echoing in her head. "I don't want you as a friend. I want you more than that!" Jisoo groaned and dropped her head on the pillow hopelessly, burying her face.

[Jisoo]
"I can't come in the cafe tomorrow, I'm feeling sick"

Truth is, she's embarrassed. Maybe Kai will still be there again tomorrow. She can't show her face yet. The event was still fresh. And it was a really bad first impression.

[Jennie]
"What?! That's sad :("
"But fine. Please take care of yourself Chu <3"

Jisoo hitched a breath. She slowly drew a smile like an idiot again and signed. Rolling her body, she stared at the fake stars and whispered

"I like her, stupid stars. I really like her"