Twelve

The morning came again, Jisoo was in a good mood. She put on her favorite white denim jacket and smiled at herself in the full body mirror. Jennie would be happy to see her wearing this again, she thought. It means she's back to her normal self.

She grabbed her laptop bag from the corner of the bed and went out of her room, she was about to go out of the condo when she noticed Chaeyoung's open door, she knocked and took a peak. The girl was still lying on the bed, pale, and dumbfounded.

"Hey," Jisoo came in and set her bag aside on the floor to to cup the other girl's cheek and forehead "you're burning"

Chaeyoung nodded "I'm okay unnie, I already took a medicine"

"Are you sure?" Jisoo asked worriedly. Chaeyoung nodded.

"You should go now, don't worry about me" Jisoo glances at the bedside clock and nodded. She's getting late from her usual working hours.

"Take care of yourself, okay?" Chaeyoung nodded as Jisoo kissed her forehead and hurriedly went out.

Just when Jisoo pushed the cafe door open, she stopped and felt something was missing. She closed her eyes and face palmed, turning around making Jennie at the counter confused "Stupid" she mumbled to herself. She left her laptop bag in Chaeyoung's room.

• • •

Lisa quickly shut the car door close behind her and run towards the elevator, she pressed the floor button repeatedly, stomping her right foot while biting her thumb nail anxiously. She was glad there's no one else going up this early morning.

Once the elevator dings, she went to the unit and knocked endlessly until Chaeyoung opened the door. She immediately hugged her tightly on the neck "Are you alright?" she asked, feeling Chaeyoung's warmth against her. Chaeyoung buried her face on Lisa's neck and hmmed.

When Lisa pulled away she cupped the girl's forehead and cheek followed by the neck, she noticed the hickey and slowly looked up to Chaeyoung who was still hugging her on the waist. She signed and pulled the girl closer again for a hug "I'm sorry" she whispered.

Chaeyoung have no idea why Lisa was apologizing but she shoved it away and chuckled "You're so cute when you're being paranoid, it's just a fever Lis don't worry too much" Lisa disagreed by shaking her head and held the other girl tighter in her embrace.

Jisoo was brisk walking back to condo when she noticed Lisa by the unit door. She stopped and slowly walked backwards, hiding her self on the wall, giving the two their moment. Maybe Lisa didn't know that Chaeyoung was sick, because she won't bother going here if she knew.

After a little while, She lifted her left wrist and pulled her sleeve to check the time, she groaned when she saw it "Isn't Lisa done yet?" she clicked her tongue and decided to peak again if the two were already done. But her eyes widened when the position of her two friends changed. Their faces are attached to each other. Jisoo narrowed her eyes and rubbed it, in case she was hallucinating, but the two heads tilted, they were clearly doing something.

Jisoo quickly hid herself again, she was blocking her mouth with both hands, and stopped breathing for a while. She doesn't want to believe what she's seeing. Maybe they're just playing around? But why? Jisoo couldn't settle herself. She came out and walked towards the unit, still glaring at the smooching girls. Until Chaeyong pulled the other girl inside and Lisa pushed the door close. Jisoo paused again in surprise. She run towards the door and tried opening it but failed. She leaned her head closer to the door and tried listening from the outside. It was low and echoing but she can clearly hear everything. The two were pampering each other with kisses, silent groans and moans. Jisoo's teeth gritted.

"Not today Rosie, you're still sick" but still kissing the other girl.

"But I missed you, you do too right?" followed by a silent moan.

Jisoo's hands turned from free to fisted. She bit her lower lip until she tasted blood. She couldn't bear what she's hearing. She moved backwards trembling silently and started running away from where she is. She doesn't know where to go, but she kept running as fast as she could until she saw herself in front of the cafe again. She was panting and bent down, holding her knees tight.

Jennie noticed her and immediately went outside. She caressed Jisoo's back trying to comfort her "Hey, hey" she held Jisoo's chin and lifted her head to look at her "Are you alright? What happened?" Jennie worriedly asked.

Jisoo looked into her eyes, her eyebrows frowning. She is more worried about Jennie. She straightened up and pulled the girl for a hug. Jennie curiously did the same and kept on caressing her back "Shh you're alright" she whispered. Jisoo wasn't moving from her place, she needs this. She's not alright. Everything, everyone, even her own mind, was twisted.

It was almost lunch but Jisoo was still staring at her coffee. She doesn't have her laptop so what should she do? And even if she have it, she wouldn't be able to think anyway. Jennie settled beside her, she came with two plates of pasta and decided to accompany the other girl. Jisoo looked at her and onto the pasta "This is not in the menu"

Jennie nodded "Yeah, I made this on my own" she chuckled and placed the other one in front of Jisoo "I tried copying the one from your favorite pasta house. Dig in" she commanded then started eating.

Jisoo nodded and obliged. Her mood became lighter, it taste just like her favorite pasta. Even better actually. She munched like a little kid which made Jennie grin when she turned to Jisoo.

"So," Jennie started while Jisoo was busy eating "what happened?" Jisoo suddenly stopped, putting down her fork. She have thought it through, this whole morning. Lisa is her best friend, she should fix this on her own. Maybe Lisa would be telling Jennie eventually. Maybe she's just waiting for the right time.

"Um, nothing. I- I just.." Jisoo cleared her throat before changing the topic "how are you and Lisa?" she forced her lips to smile. Jennie wasn't distracted but she could accompany Jisoo in that way. She tilted her head to look up and pretended to think of something.

"Hmm we're alright" she nodded convincingly "she's still her usual self, sweet, caring, loving, she still accompanies me whenever I needed her" Jisoo nodded. Jennie started smiling "She actually bought me flowers last night," she pointed inside the cafe, a bouquet of roses was settled inside a once empty vase.

Jennie kept talking about her and Lisa while Jisoo was listening, she feels guilty inside, but she's happy to see Jennie's dreamy eyes and wide smile. She can't afford to ruin it. At least not today.