Twenty Two

It was a lovely day of pleasant street view and nice weather, Jisoo was almost hopping on her way to the cafe, smiling on every little details she notice, even the child who was simply sitting on a bench. Nothing could ruin her mood, now that her mind was set free. Free from guilt, free to love, free.. "Who the hell is that?" she whispered when she saw a guy sitting next to Jennie on one of the tables inside the cafe. Jisoo narrowed her eyes, staring deeply into them with curiousity. She have never seen this guy before.

Her thoughts were cut off when a customer cleared its throat, she realized she was blocking the entrance "Oh, I'm sorry" she pushed the door open and walked directly to her spot. Her smiling face was replaced with a frowning one. She kept wondering who the guy was. She stood up and prepared to set her laptop, she doesn't usually stand up to do this, but she wanna take a peak of what the two were doing.

She immedietly sat down when Jennie's gaze went towards her. 'There's no way she saw me right?' she heaved a sign and dropped her back on the seat. After a couple of minutes, Jennie appeared with a cup of coffee and set it just beside Jisoo's laptop.

"Good morning pretty" she smirked, and when Jisoo turned her gaze to Jennie, the girl winked. She averted her eyes and focused on the screen again. When Jennie turned around to walk away, Jisoo stared at her ass and pouted 'What is she up to?'

When she realized that the cup was alone she immedietly called Jennie "W-wait! Jennie!" making the girl stop and turn around "A-aren't you having coffee with me today?"

Jennie chuckled "Nah, I already had one. Enjoy yours while its hot" she pushed the door open and walked directly to the guy's table again.

Jisoo heaved a sign and stared at the lonely coffee "So it's just you and me this morning huh" she grabbed the cup and took a sip "Mmm~ at least it didn't taste funny anymore, maybe she'll go back by lunch" she took another sip and smiled. Nothing can ruin her mood today.

By lunch time, Jennie wasn't able to join Jisoo again. She was busy entertaining her visitor, or let's say busy distracting herself from thinking about what Jisoo said yesterday. She still can't take the thought out of her mind. The thought that Chaeyoung might jump onto Jisoo anytime. What's her right anyway, right?

"Hey Kai, is this alright?" she placed a plate of pasta in front of the guy and sat across him. The pasta was supposed to be Jisoo's but Kai said he was feeling hungry already.

"Of course! I know anything you cook is delicious" he smiled and immedietly took the fork, taking a huge bite "Knew it" he eyed Jennie and chuckled, making the latter giggle.

"Thanks" Jennie said shyly "Anyway, you can visit again tommorow if you want to. I'll be more than willing to cook you anything"

"Really? That's great!" Kai was laughing "I promise, tommorrow I won't forget to bring my phone. You know how busy I am right?"

Jennie shook her head "Of course. No problem" she watched the guy eat and stood up "I'll get my food too, you're making me hungry" she chuckled before going back in the kitchen.

Jisoo decided to walk in for the restroom. Not entirely the reason why, but she somehow wants to know what Jennie and the guy were talking about. She slowly passed them, and thankfully, Jennie was facing the other side so she won't see Jisoo sneaking in. She stopped for a while when she noticed the guy's food. Her phase went quicker and her breathing went abnormal. When she arrived at the restroom, she heaved a sign. That was supposed to be her pasta. She scoffed "I can't believe she cooks it for other people too" she shook her head and banged the door close.

Jennie was surprised by the loud noise coming from the restroom, so she immediately excused herself from Kai and walked towards it. Of course she was worried, she doesn't want her restroom door broken. When she saw the perfectly fine door she signed 'Who the hell was that?' She was about to go back when the door suddenly opened revealing Jisoo "Oh. It was you"

Jisoo scratched the back of her head "Sorry, was it too loud?" Her heart quickly softened by the view of Jennie.

Jennie chuckled "Nah, it's alright" she gave a warm smile before turning around. But Jisoo couldn't stop herself. She grabbed Jennie's wrist and pulled the girl.

"Jennie.." I've missed you. I've missed our breakfast, our lunch, your voice, your laugh, everything about you "I—" she gripped the girl's wrist harder, panic was all over her face.

"Jennie?" Kai appeared just before Jisoo could even start her sentence "I was looking for you" he walked towards the two and saw how Jisoo awkwardly released Jennie's wrist.

"Oh, sorry, you could've waited for me at the table"

"I was about to leave. I forgot I have some important errands to do" he leaned forward and looked at Jisoo before giving Jennie a peck on the cheek "See you" he cupped the girl's cheeks and pinched it before leaving.

Jennie and Jisoo's shoulders dropped "What were you saying?" Jennie asked, but the latter was not in the mood anymore.

She shook her head "Nothing, maybe next time". They stared at each other for a long time before Jisoo leaned forward giving Jennie a lingering forehead kiss, their eyes were both closed, both longing for each other "I'm going" she smiled sadly and walked away. Ending her day early, before it gets worst.

By night, Jennie was a little guilty for leaving Jisoo alone today. She shouldn't feel that way, because the girl was not her responsibility anyway. And she was doing this for herself too. She needed a distraction. But she couldn't help it. Jisoo was inevitable. Even though Kai was with her, she couldn't stop thinking about the other girl.

She rolled on her bed and decided to think about the positive things instead. Of all the things she and Kai talked about today, all she can remember is Jisoo's forehead kiss. She buried her blushing face on the pillow and squealed.

[Jennie]
"What was that for?"

[Jisoo]
"What are you talking about?"

[Jennie]
"The forehead kiss 👉👈"

Jisoo shouldn't be laughing, but she can't contain herself. Jennie was being cute again.

[Jisoo]
"A reminder that you're mi|"
Delete.

She was suddenly reminded of the guy earlier, and how Jennie laughed with him. And gave him her pasta. She rolled her eyes and dropped her head back on the pillow. 'I shouldn't be an idiot'

[Jisoo]
"That was nothing. Goodnight Jen"

Jennie frowned. "What's wrong with her?" she mumbled before throwing her phone somewhere in the bed.