Fourteen

Jisoo decided to go home by the morning before going back to the cafe. She needed to get her laptop, hoping that Chaeyoung isn't home anymore. Good thing is, she woke up late, she didn't blame Jennie for not waking her up early. The latter told her that she looked peaceful so she didn't bother.

She silently opened her unit door, like it was not her own. Hoping there are no smooching people anymore. She heaved a sign when she saw it empty. She immediately grabbed her laptop bag from Chaeyoung's room. It was surprisingly on the same spot as yesterday, maybe because the girl was busy doing some stuff that she didn't even noticed it.

Jisoo changed her clothes and immediately went out while Jennie was waiting for her in the car. She slammed the door close and nodded to Jennie as they drove on the way to the cafe.

Employees greeted both Jennie and Jisoo with a smile and they reflected theirs too. Jisoo settled herself outside, doing her usual routine. She didn't even bother going at the counter, the staff knows what her order is anyway. Except for today, Jennie's the one who served her coffee, and not the tad guy who usually serves her. She looked up and scooted to let Jennie sit beside her. She was holding two cups of coffee, and settled it down as she does too. She signed and started sipping her coffee.

"Too early to feel tired Jen" Jisoo teased while struggling to take her coffee, still focusing on her laptop.

Jennie signed again "Sorry, maybe I'm just emotionally tired" she chuckled bitterly and took another sip. They were silently sitting in peace, just drinking their morning coffees.

"I should probably cut this plant off" she shoved one of the plants that's been blocking her view to Jisoo, she can barely see the girl from indoors "It grew up so fast" she hissed, making Jisoo chuckle.

"Who told you to put it there anyway," Jisoo shrugged "but don't take if off completely, I love how it makes my spot more private" Jisoo wiggled her eyebrows and grinned.

Jennie scoffed and rolled her eyes. She decided not to take it off anymore, she could come here anytime she wants anyway, so why bother?

She stood up once she's done with her coffee and started her day. Checking up on her employees, the work flow seemed smooth and everything was all fine. She smiled and took her phone out of her pocket. It's a good day to see her lover.

"Hi Lis, I miss you" the phone chimed indicating that the text was sent. Not long enough, it chimed again.

"Miss you too" it says. Making Jennie heave another sign, she just wanted to see Lisa. Is it that hard? She walked towards the glass wall and took a peak on Jisoo. She signed again, of course, the plant was blocking the girl's beautiful face. She turned around and went to the kitchen. She decided to cook lunch good for two people, it made her mood lighter again as she thought of a happily eating Jisoo, ignoring the fact that her heart starts pounding again.

She paused when she realized what she's doing. Turning off the stove, she removed her apron and leaned her two hands on the counter. 'What's happening with me?' She would ask herself repeatedly whenever she sees herself being extra with Jisoo.

At exactly 12 noon, she came out of the air-conditioned space and went to Jisoo, settling both their plates on the table. Jisoo curiously looked at her and pointed at the plate in front of her "For me?" she asked.

Jennie nodded "Dig in" and started eating in a weird manner. Jisoo observed her and carefully took a bite. She closed her eyes when the food started penetrating her mouth and groaned, earning a soft laugh from Jennie. "I knew you'd like it"

Well the taste was heavenly, at least for Jisoo. Jisoo turned to Jennie, smiling from ear to ear like a little kid "Damn Jennie," she took the glass of water and gulped "this is so good"

Jennie laughed again, and continued eating. Jisoo kept staring at her while eating, still smiling and mesmerized. Jennie was beautiful, and amazing cook. "Lisa is so lucky" she whispered.

Jennie turned to her with raised eyebrows, she didn't clearly heard what she said. Jisoo's face was blushing, she was surprised too. Did I say it out loud? She asked herself. "What?" she said mockingly at Jennie. The girl shook her head and took another bite, ignoring Jisoo.

Jisoo settled her utensils down once she's done eating. She was fast, and so full. She slouched on her seat and stretched her arms to Jennie's seat, watching the other girl finish her food. She barfed loudly making Jennie turn to her.

"Gross" Jennie mumbled, annoying Jisoo. The girl immediately sat up and turned to face her.

"Yah! Wh—" Jisoo paused and snorted when she noticed the excess rice on Jennie's bottom lip.

"Why do you always eat like a pig" Jisoo laughed while wiping Jennie's bottom lip again using her thumb, she wasn't aware that she was already affecting Jennie too much, making the latter stop. Jisoo made her movement slow when she noticed Jennie wasn't moving an inch, she slowly looked up, meeting their eyes.

Jennie's heart started beating fast. It keeps beating, and beating, even harder than before. Even before, when Jisoo doesn't know her yet, when she was secretly observing the girl, when she simply put plants around the woman she doesn't even know. And she can't lie to herself anymore.

Jisoo stopped breathing. She knew what she was doing. She's not numb. She's not stupid. She knew what she was feeling ever since they both looked at the fake stars together, fake. Fake like Jennie and Lisa's relationship. Far from her and Jennie's undeniable connection.

Jennie slowly lifted her hand and placed it on top of Jisoo's hand, gently pulling it closer to her agape lips. Jisoo willingly let her thumb slip inside Jennie's mouth, and hitched a breathe when Jennie closed her mouth as well as her eyes, embracing her finger with warmth.

Jisoo couldn't stop herself, she closed her eyes and swallowed hard, feeling the tongue stroke onto her skin, feeling the connection between them. She's well aware that being real with her feelings aren't crime anymore. Not when Lisa was out there fucking other girls. She opened her eyes again, pulling her finger out and held Jennie's cheek. The latter opened her eyes too, it was full of passion, almost begging for affection.

Jennie's heart was still beating fast, but it was aching, aching at the fact that Jisoo made her feel this way. Aching that Lisa wasn't able to do what Jisoo could make her feel. She gripped Jisoo's hand tightly, her eyebrows started frowning, feeling frustrated. Until Jisoo calmed her again by brushing a finger softly on her cheek. Jisoo smiled softly, sad and softly. Jennie signed with trembling lips. She blinked, and was finally thankful for the plant.

She lifted her free hand and placed it on Jisoo's nape, she brushed the smooth little hair with her thumb, and once Jisoo looked down on her lips, she pulled her gently, closing both their eyes, locking each other's lips together.

Jisoo breathe in deeply from her nose while her lips were attached on Jennie's. She doesn't wanna let go yet, she's been longing for this feeling. A wonderful feeling that she's been denying for a very long time. Jennie was the same, she never felt this magical before. It felt unreal, she doesn't wanna let go of Jisoo.

They were both inhaling each other's air, Jisoo used her free hand to pull Jennie's waist closer. She wanted more connection. Just when Jennie was about to tilt her head and savor Jisoo's soft lips, a dropping sound interrupted them. They both separated quickly and turned to the direction, they both gasped when they saw a girl standing in front of them.

Lisa's lips were agape, her face pale, she was obviously shocked. A bouquet of flowers are on the ground. She scoffed before turning around, walking away from the two.

"Lisa!" Jennie screamed, almost choking. She immediately stood up and chased after Lisa who was continuously walking. Jisoo's shoulders dropped, she signed while watching Jennie run after the other girl.