27. Missing People

Genevieve's POV:

A few days later, Josie and I finally find some time to ourselves. Her training regime has been intense, going on runs, working out, properly learning how to defend herself, hold and use weapons and more. Luckily, Josie's pretty athletic, so working out hasn't been too hard for her. The only thing is, I barely get a minute alone with her, as she's always busy with Callan or Sebastian.

We're finally enjoying some time to ourselves, when suddenly my bedroom door is flung open and Theo suddenly barges in.

"GET OUT!" Josie shouts at him, and I can't help but giggle at her annoyed expression.

"You're gonna wanna see this, gorgeous," Theo grins mischievously.

"Suck..."

"Blondie!"

"My..."

"Blondie!"

"Dick!"

"Language Blondie!"

"What is it?" I ask, exasperatedly, sick of Josie and Theo's constant arguing.

"Just come and see," Theo insists.

Josie sighs, rolling her eyes at me, before she rolls off of the bed, falling to the floor, and I follow suit, pushing myself in my wheelchair. My leg's getting better by the day, and Tae helps me with my physio and stuff everyday. They all say I should be able to dance on my birthday, even if it's only for a couple hours.

"This better be worth it Theo, Gene and I were very busy-"

"Yeah, very busy talking," he interrupts her.

"Very busy talking about something very important," Josie snaps back.

"Like what?" Theo snarks, "what colour you're gonna paint your fingernails next, or gossiping about me-"

"I'll have you know we never gossip about you-"

"OH MY GOSH GENE, Theo is so sexy-" Theo says, raising his voice a few pitches higher.

"I don't sound like that-"

"Yes you do-"

"You're so rude-"

"Would you both shut up?" I ask exasperatedly.

They don't hear me, too occupied in their bickering, but I block them out as I look at the news on the tv. The volume's down, but I don't need it up to hear what's being said.

"JOSIE!" I exclaim, as I grab the remote and turn the volume up. Her eyes go wide.

Our school photos are on the screen, we're smiling, clad in our dark navy blazer with the school logo on, the navy v neck jumper, and white blouse underneath, with massive letters at the bottom. 'MISSING TEENS. ANY INFORMATION, CALL THIS NUMBER.'

"We are updating you on this breaking news story as it goes along, but for viewers just tuning in, here is a recap on this missing person's case," the news reporter says, in her monotone voice.

"Genevieve Von Hudson and Josephine Deianira have been reported as being missing for over 2 weeks, possibly since the 15th June, however precise dates have not been quoted at this time. The girls were last seen in New York City on a school trip. There are no suspects as of yet, and the NYPD are working tirelessly with the Metropolitan Police Service to find any leads in this astonishing case.

"I'm just getting news now... the case is indeed being treated as a kidnapping, and anybody with any information should call the number at the bottom of the screen. The question begs to ask, why have these girls been missing for over 2 weeks, and only been recognised as missing now? We will update you on this breaking news story as soon as we receive more information.

Genevieve Von Hudson, aged 17 and Josephine Deianira, aged 18. Please call the number below if you have any information regarding the whereabouts of these two girls."