2. Final Destination, New York

Genevieve's POV:

We arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare, before Karl helped Josie and I retrieve our luggage from the back of the car.

The four teachers, Mr. Black, Mr. Collins, Mrs. Sanderson and Miss Labelle, who were chauffeuring the trip to New York, were also already standing outside the airport, at the designated meeting point that had been sent to us by email.

"Have a safe trip Miss Von Hudson," Karl says, before returning to the car.

"Thank you," I smile warmly.

I watch as the car pulls away, before being replaced by another, the hustle and bustle of the busy airport never seeming to stop.

"I hate being the first to arrive," Josie says, grimacing, as we wheel our suitcases across the pavement on the way to meet the teachers.

"My mother says 'punctuality is the politeness of kings'. That's a Louis XVIII quote by the way," I ramble.

"Well, I'm not very polite or a king, so... " Josie's words were cut off and she suddenly stopped walking.

"What's wrong... oh." I clock a younger looking pilot wheeling a small suitcase behind him, on the way to the main airport entrance. Josie catches eye contact with him, before deliberately and slowly looking him up and down and licking her lips. The pilot stops, dumbfounded, and I notice a rosy hue rise to his cheeks. He's good looking, and his face is brightened as he grins, and begins to walk towards us.

"Josie!" I plea, pushing her towards the teachers and the meeting point, but she's stuck in her own little flirtatious world. I groan to myself. This is typical Josie behaviour.

The pilot reaches us, and I stand awkwardly next to my friend, pretending to be invisible. I may as well be, as the pair seemingly ignore my presence as they begin talking.

"Hello," the man says flirtatiously, removing his pilot hat, and taking Josie's hand in the other. He lifts it to his face to kiss her knuckles softly.

"Hi," she giggles with fake shyness, batting her eyelashes at him.

"JOSEPHINE DEIANIRA! GET OVER HERE NOW!" A shrill voice echoes over to us. I look around and see it's Mrs. Sanderson, who looks as if she is about to explode with anger. I think I can genuinely see smoke billowing from her ears.

Josie looks regretfully up at the pilot, who is standing in confusion now, and sighs. They linger eye contact a second longer, before she turns around and anxiously begins towards the group of teachers. I follow quickly behind her, running to keep up with her long legs, my suitcase flying over the cobbles.

"Josephine, we are here representing our school, and you have the audacity to be running off with God-knows who-"

"He was a pilot," Josie butts in, making Mrs Sanderson even angrier than she already was.

"If you would let me finish you rude child. That was highly inappropriate and I do not expect this kind of behaviour from a student at our school, and it will not be tolerated when I am in charge of you."

Josie looks at the woman, no visible expression clear on her face.

"This is not a compulsory school trip, but a luxury one that you are lucky enough to have be given the opportunity to go on. If it was up to me, you would not have been going, especially after all the behaviour... incidents that have happened with you this year. But Mr McDavis so kindly thought that you deserved to go. However, I will not hesitate to contact your parents and Mr McDavis, if you place one foot out of line young lady. Do you understand?"