53: One Day

TW: mentions things that happened last chapter i.e guns, violence. smut, spicy time, 18+!

******

Piper, Sam, Bill and I all sat around his apartment on Friday night. Although there had been a more dark, anxious tension to the last few days we still decided to go on with the festivities, hoping it would raise our spirits. I sat beside Bill, snuggled up to his side as we watched Home Alone. Sam and Piper were cuddling on the other couch and more snow was falling outside. Feeling Bills arm wrapped around me and his other holding his glass of wine, a wave of contentment overtook my body. It was the most relaxed I'd felt in days and my eyelids were getting heavy.

"You okay?" Bill whispered in my ear.

"Yeah" smiling up at him I could the inside of his lips were stained a ruby color from the wine.

"You know, I've never seen this movie." He said a little louder, catching everyone's attention.

"What?" Piper asked in shock as she whipped her head in our direction.

"Yeah I don't know. It was after my time I guess..." he shrugged.

"There is never a time limit on Christmas cheer!"

Her comment made us all crack up before replied, "I was like... 12?"

"That's like the perfect age to watch it" Sam chuckled.

"Maybe I have seen it" Bill replied, slurring his words a little, "I don't know I'm a little tipsy."

We all laughed again before continuing to watch the movie.

Bill and I helped Sam and Piper bring down all their gifts to Sam's car.

"Woah nice ride!" Bill exclaimed as we walked up.

"Thanks" both Piper and I could tell he was getting flustered.

Sam's family was rich, like very rich and they bought the brand new Mercedes Benz for him as a high school graduation gift. Sam was much more humble than his folks it seemed because whenever some one commented on the car, he felt as though he was showing off their wealth. Which of course wasn't his fault and he was grateful for the gift, just wished they hadn't gotten him something so flashy.

We sat back upstairs as I watched Bill inspect the brand new Adidas Stan Smiths I had got him.

"Are you sure you like them?"

"Are you kidding me? These are rad" he smiled over his shoulder to me.

The little gold, heart pendant necklace he got me was around my neck and had been since I opened the box. I was never taking it off. A holiday episode of Forensic Files played in the background as he got us both another glass of wine.

"Are you looking forward to going back home next week?" he asked as I took a sip.

"Yeah... I'm meeting my sisters new boyfriend so that should be fun."

"Oh! Naomi right?"

I nodded my hand.

"How long have they been together?"

"Um, 6 months I think? They met at a summer pool party she was hosting or something like that." Bill just nodded his head. "What about you?" I asked after a moment of silence.

"I am, it'll be nice to see everyone. I haven't been home since... my birthday last year? I think."

"Wow, that's a long time."

"Mom's pretty excited, my sisters will be there with their kids and it'll be a big party." He paused for moment, "I do wish you were coming." He said that last part just above a whisper as he looked into his wine glass.