42: Flynn part II

T/W

Piper grabbed my arm as she found us seats in the stands. Offering some of her popcorn to me I took a few pieces, having a look around. The crowd was large and the field was covered in the school colors. The last 2 years I'd been at this school I never went to any events like this...

"There he is!" Piper said excitedly as she pointed out Sam.

Apparently he was going to be competing in relay and the 100m run and just the thought of doing that had me sweating.

"He looks so good in those short" Piper smirked, causing me to laugh.

"What's up first?" I asked.

"I think it's the 100 metre then the relay."

The autumn breeze was cool as we sat around just eating and talking until the announcer introduced the next race. The crowd was silent as the runners got into position and the countdown began. The whistle blew and all of the athletes took off in a flash.

"Go Sam!" We yelled as we watched his tall figure sprint down the track.

As soon as it began it was over and Sam got second place and we cheered for him as he smiled up to the crowd.

"Next is the relay!" Piper said excitedly as she watched her boyfriend.

Looking around the crowd I spotted a familiar face come up next to Sam, it was Rider.

"Are they on the same relay team?"

Piper shrugged, "I guess so."

The crowd once again erupted as the relay began. Sam started strong and the boys continued on as Rider was last. I could see he was giving his all as his legs moved fast. All of us cheered as he then passed the finish line, winning it for the team.

"Let's go down!" Piper said excitedly.

"Can we?"

She grabbed my hand before answering and i followed quickly behind her. The team was off the track now, grabbing drinks as they cooled down.

"Hey!" Sam smiled as Piper walked up to him.

She wrapped her arms around him in a giant hug, not caring that he was covered in sweat. I stood back a bit, just taking in everything.

"Hey you made it" Rider said, catching my attention.

"Yeah, congratulations you were awesome!" I smiled up to him.

"Thanks" he smiled back, wiping the sweat off his face.

"Let's go celebrate after!" Piper said as she linked her arm in mine and smiled to Rider.

"I'm down" he said.

***

"Cheers!" We all raised our glasses as Sam, Piper, Rider and I sat around having drinks.

Piper grabbed onto Sam's face, planting a long kiss on his lips. Rider and I smiled at eachother kind of awkwardly as they continued kissing.

"Can I get you anything else?" The waiter came over, finally breaking the two apart.

"Oh no thank you" Piper giggled, giving Sam a suggestive look.

"How will you be splitting the bills?"

"I'll pay for us" Sam gestured for Piper as I reached for my wallet.

"Same here" Rider said, pointing over to me.

"Oh-" I said, taken aback "- you don't have to-"

"- it's okay" he smiled to me, "my treat."

*