✩⟬ Keigo's Place⟭✩

After they had taken the bus to Keigo's apartment, Touya looked around. It seemed to be the right address that he had seen when he had done a background check on him a while back. (See chapter 2 or smth for reference) "Well this is really something" he said, trying to lighten the mood between them.

"Hey, I know Keigo said you could come over but I still don't like the fact that you're here" Rumi huffed, as she flipped her hair over her shoulder. She on the other hand was way more than irritated about all of this since she liked being Keigo's best friend. Obviously she didn't want some random person, an alpha no less, just coming in and being friends with him.

"Damn, you really need to chill out girl-" He responded. "I just wanted to make sure that Keigo was doing all good after what happened yesterday" Ok, now Touya was just trying to show off that he spent time with Keigo on the weekend.

Fortunately, this did seem to be working since Rumi looked about ready to kill. "What the hell did you just say?" she asked, now releasing alpha pheromones towards him. She was beyond pissed off at hearing this, mostly because she wasn't informed about it.

"Yeah, we had so much fun together~ Did Takami not tell you about it before? I'd assume you'd be the first person to know about it-" The boy said sarcastically, walking up to the door and ringing the doorbell. "Oh well, too bad for you" He added with a smirk.

Rumi wasnt taking this shit from him and followed him, just about to grab the collar of his shirt and tell him to fuck off when Keigo opened the door. "You guys came earlier that I-"

Almost immediately, he was cut off by Rumi giving him a tight hug. "What the hell Keigo?! You can't just miss a day of school without telling me and just stay home! I would have brought you some hangandaz and joined you!" she exclaimed, letting go of him to see his surprised expression.

"Sorry, it was kinda a last minute thing and if I called it would have been too late and you'd already be in class-" Keigo responded, feeling kinda bad now. Obviously he was well aware that she'd totally do that, but that wasn't the problem here. The problem was that he didn't like relying on people all the time.

"Fuck class, id ditch it if you'd just called me" Touya intrupped, lookingto Keigo with a sly grin

Rumi glared at him. "Oi nobody was talking to you dipshit"

"Rumi! Thanks for saying that though Touya. I'm surprised you both came together though-'' Keigo said, looking between them.

Rumi and Touya both glanced at each other, remembering the awkward and intimidating pheromone-filled walk over here before looking away. "Yeah well I guess we both just wanted to make sure you're alright" Touya responded with a smile.

"Either way, thanks. You want to come in? My parents are out for a bit so I can make you some tea?" Keigo suggested, walking inside. The other two followed him in, taking off their shoes and looking around as they walked into the kitchen.

Touya was just looking around and observing the place, thinking that it was pretty cool to live in such a nice house while Rumi thought that the whole apartment was unusually clean, compared to previous times. Little did either of them know that once Keigo had gotten the call from them, he had quickly gone to work, cleaning up the kitchen while some of his feathers went around to do places like the living room and his bedroom. It was the first time that Touya would be coming over so he had to impress him at least.

Naturally, Rumi wanted to speak up about her noticing. "So how have things been with your-"

"Tea is done! I have some biscuits also if you want to eat '' Keigo interrupted. It was pretty clear that he had started on the tea in advance and this was just a coincidence that he had to unturrup at this time.

"Oh cool, yeah i'll have some of those too but first, mind telling me where the bathroom is? Need to take a- I mean i need to use it" Touya said, looking around before at Keigo again. He almost messed up with his language. And here, finally in Keigo's house, he had to make sure nothing like that happened.

"Down the hall to the left '' Keigo responded with a quick smile to him before going to get a plate for the biscuits. Touya nodded and headed out of the kitchen, also using this opportunity to look around the house, possibly for baby photos.

"Great, he's finally gone. So how are things with you and your dad?" Rumi asked, sitting at the table and watching him carefully.

Keigo didn't respond to that. How could he? I mean, after what went down last night he didn't want to have to live through it again. "I- im fine, it's all good" He replied, avoiding eye contact with her now.

"I didn't ask how you were, I asked how things were with you and your dad. '' It may have sounded harsh, but believe me, Rumi had all good intentions behind her words. She just wanted to make sure that her best friend was alright.

"I meant it's fine, really-" the blonde tried again, getting a bit nervous as he put the biscuits and tea on the table and sat down across from her "Now did you want to eat now or wait for-"

"Keigo, i didn't want to do this but you're giving me now choice" Rumi said before switching to her alpha voice for intimidation. "Tell me the truth, how are things with you and your dad"

At this point, Keigo just froze up. He had no clue what to do now except do what she had asked. He could tell that she hated doing this to him as well due to her rare apologetic expression. But this wasn't how he was raised. He had always been taught to fight back, even when the going gets tough. "I SAID IT'S ALL GOOD. NOW STOP FUCKING WORRYING ABOUT ME ALL THE TIME LIKE IM YOUR RESPONSIBILITY BECAUSE IM NOT!!!" he exclaimed, his feather flying around the room until he took a couple deep breaths to calm down.

Rumi was unfazed by all of this and just watched her friend. His words did hurt but they all weren't exactly wrong. She had known him for long enough and she did kinda feel responsible if something were to happen to him. "Are you really okay though Keigo?" she asked in a softer voice, a full 180 from before.

Since he had completely blown up just moments before, when she had said that, it took him a couple minutes to realize what she had said. Ever since last night, he had been wanting to hear that exact question for so long and there was just something about the way she said it just hit so hard. He couldn't take it anymore. The pressure, the insults, the pain. They were all just too much for him to handle.

Within moments, he was crying his eyes out and Rumi had gotten up to go and hug him, in hopes that he would feel better. "N-no... I can't do it anymore rumi.. What he was saying-.. and i just-.. then he-.. And she didn't do anything either-.." Keigo sobbed, hugging her tightly.

"Shh.. it's okay now, i'm here with you" she responded, holding him close. She didn't even need to know what had happened, all she knew was that it was bad and it had really hurt Keigo. 

◈ End of Part 21 ◈
+Authors Note +

I was originally planning on making this one part but
It was getting too long so I decided to edit and cut it up into what it is now.

Other news, I got a haircut and now my hair is shoulder length.
Everyone's all like "OMG ur hair is so short now"

And i'm like "Yeah i know, who do u think wanted it like this? Me it was me"
I did want it shorter but my mom said no 🤷

Cause i wanting THAT type of style, if you know what I mean