Chapter 3

I push through the snow. The small flakes turn into large ones. The farther I go into the snow, the more it looks like I'm going to be stuck there. The cold snow burns my fresh cut on my hand. I hear the footsteps getting closer to me, I try to run in the snow, but it's getting to deep and I fall.

I jump awake, covered in a cold sweat. I could hear my heartbeat in my head. My body shaking from head to toe. Are these nightmares ever going to stop? I look at the alarm clock that's sitting on my bedside table. It reads 4:37am. Great. I still have twoish hours before I even need to be awake, but there's no way in hell I'm going to fall back asleep.

My body was shivering, even though it wasn't cold In here. I needed a shower. I need to get the feeling off of my body. I removed the blanket from my body, as my exposed legs feel the warm breeze coming from Kenzie's heater. Why she needs a heater in August, not a clue. I quietly get out of bed to not disturb Kenzie and her beauty sleep.

"Mom, is that you?" Well, obviously me being quite didn't help much. This bitch's hearing is like a mouse.

"No, kenz. It's Ellie. I'm just going to take a shower." I saw her nod her head with the small light coming through the window from the moon and the stars.

I walk out the door, and heading to the bathroom, taking my towel off the door, and setting it on the sink. I remove my sweat covered clothing, as I look at myself in the mirror. There is a scar that goes from my elbow to my pinky. A scar that leaves a painful memory. On my thighs, I have a bunch of tiny scars from my depressive state six months ago. I push the memories to the back of my head, as I turn to walk towards the bath tub.

Kenzie's and I bathroom is pretty big. It has a double sink. One for her and one for myself. There is a private toilet separated by a wall, and then a huge bathtub. I slowly turn the water to hot, if you don't go slow, the water will stay cold. Don't ask.

Once the water was mostly on hot, I got into the shower. Letting the hot water hit my skin, slightly burning it. I sat down in the back of the shower, pulling my knees to my chest. I haven't thought about my parents in a while, but these constant dreams are bringing everything I tried to push away, right back up to the surface.

I couldn't tell if eyes were leaking hot tears, or if it was the shower. Thinking about my parents always put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. I try to push back the thoughts as I stand up and grab some random soap and start to wash my body. Watching the soap bubble up on my skin. I rinsed off the soap, and grabbed some apple smelling shampoo. I rubbed in all on my hair. Pulling some of my hair up into a spike on the top of my head.

I started to run my fingers through my hair, getting all of the dead ginger hair and rolling it into a ball and placing it on the wall. I rise my hair, and put conditioner in my hair, rising that out too. I shut the water off, and got out, walking to the sink and quickly drying my head, then my body. After I drying off, I wrap the towel around my head. Avoiding the mirror this time.

I find the clothes I took off before my shower, and reattached them to my body. I hung my towel back up, and left the bathroom. Making my way back to the bedroom.

As I open the door, I see that Kenzie is already up. "Why are you up so early?" I look at Kenzie as she gives me a confused look. She points to the alarm. I see that it's now 5:30am. Damn! How long was I in there?

I walk over to my dresser, and pick out another black band shirt. This one being greenday. I love most of their songs, but not all. I wouldn't consider them one of my favorites, maybe top ten.

I walk to my closet to pick out a part of dark blue skinny jeans. I put them on, and then some mismatched socks, and my white converse last. I announced to Kenzie I was going to go do my hair. She nodded, as I left the room, and headed back to the bathroom.