Chapter 6

Ever since the restaurant incident last week, I have had so much on my mind. Does she have a crush on me too? No, that's not possible. I'm not even sure I have a crush on her. It might just be the fact that she's giving me attention. I don't know.

I was currently sitting in history, awaiting the ringing of the bell. We were still talking about the Cold War. Supposed to be taking notes, but I'd rather not. To much work. I decided to check my phone. No calls or messages. Great.

The bell finally rang. I stood up and put my book bag over my shoulder, waiting for Kenzie to finish. I'm always waiting for her. She takes forever to finish.

Once Kenzie was finally done, we left hand in hand out of history, and on our way to English. I haven't stayed after school with Mrs. Sanders lately. I've always had an 'excuse'. The real reason I didn't want to stay after, is because the more I'm around her, the more confused I am. Kenzie suggested I start writing in a journal to get my thoughts under control, so I might start doing that.

As we close onto the classroom, I can see Tilly outside the door waiting for everyone. Kenzie tightened her hand around mine, as we come to a stop in front of Tilly.

"Good morning, Kenzie. Ellie. Are you ready to do some writing?" Tilly asked both of us, not really taking her eyes off me. Kenzie nodded her head. "Good, well, Ellie I'm going to need you to stay after school today. I really need help grading." I can see the plead in her eyes, she must be really backed up.

"She'll be there." Kenzie said with a smile, as I shot daggers at her. I told Kenzie about everything that happened at the restaurant in the bathroom, and her leg constantly being pressed against mine. She suggested that I make a small joke, and as she's laughing I put my hand on her thigh for a few seconds, if she moves it, it was all a misunderstanding, if she doesn't, she might like me. I definitely told her I wasn't going to do that. I didn't even want to try to get Involved with a married women. Let alone my teacher.

Kenzie also told me she finds John cute, I nearly gagged at that statement. Even if I was attracted to men, he wouldn't even be in the top 100.

"Alright girls, why don't you go ahead and go sit down." Tilly said, pulling me from my thoughts. I really need to do the journal thing, considering I'm constantly getting lost in them.

Kenzie and I walked in and took our seats in the back of the classroom. I grabbed my notebook, and pencil waiting for her to start the lesson.

After about two minutes of sitting there, she came in and shut the door. "Alrighty, looks likes everyone is here. We can begin. Today, you are going to write a one paged essay on what you think 'To Kill A Mockingbird' is about. We haven't read it yet, so I'm really looking forward to seeing your thoughts. You may begin. You have to the end of the hour."

Everyone began working as I watched Tilly go to her desk and sit down, to start grading. She slowly looked up, and caught me staring at her. She gave me a soft smile, as I quickly looked back down.

I began to start writing. I've never even heard of the book, but I'm guessing it's not about killing a mockingbird, I think it's more of a metaphor, but for what, not a clue.

After about five minutes of writing, I could feel someone's eyes burning into my soul. I slowly looked up, as I caught Tilly looking at me. She looked away, as soon as our eyes met. I looked back down to continue writing.

Once again, a few minutes later, I felt more eyes on me. So, I looked back up again, catching Tilly's eyes on me. This time, she just made eye contact for a good minute, before I had to look down because of my blushing I didn't want her to see.

I pushed the urge to look up for the rest of the hour. No way, I was going to catch her stare again. That's just awkward. What felt like an eternity, the bell finally rung, I hurried up and packed my stuff up, accidentally packing up my assignment and shoving it in my bag. I didn't even wait for Kenzie, I just dashed out the door.