Chapter 9

*Tilly's point of view*

"I don't see why you always have to start a fight with me?" I asked John, as he rolled his eyes at me. God, that makes me what to punch him in his face. I throw my hands up in frustration. "I just wish you'd grow up! It's like I'm married to a kid!"

"Oh, really? I'm the child? I'm not the one who threw a fight, because the house wasn't spotless!" John yelled at me.

"I didn't throw a fit because the house wasn't spotless, I got angry, because you never help! You are always just sitting on the couch watching that damn TV! You never help with anything around the house!" I screamed back at John. He's the type of person where he thinks women has to do all the cleaning and cooking, and I'm so sick of it. "All the responsibility shouldn't just be on me! John, you don't even have a job!"

"Oh, like you do? Teaching isn't a real job, you're just a glorified babysitting!" John was now in my face. He pushes me against the wall. "Your salary is barely enough to make ends meet, and then you're always complaining."

I push him away from me. "You know what, John. Since I don't do enough, maybe you should just leave." He looks at me bewildered.

"You can't kick me out of my home!" He yelled at me.

I started to laugh. "Your home? I don't remember seeing you pay the bills or even have your name on the deed, so I suggest you get out of here, before I call the cops, and have them escort you out." With that, I walked out of the front room, heading to our bedroom, and slamming the door.

I just can't with him. Everything is always about him. He can never do any wrong. Only me. I was fed up and done.

I pulled out my phone to text Eloise, one of my best friends. We've been friends since we were kids.

I decided not to text her, but yet to call her. I didn't want to have to wait for a reply. I found her number in my contacts, accidentally clicking on Ellie's name. The phone started to call immediately. I freaked out, and kept hitting the decline call. The phone finally declined, as I fell back on my bed.

God, that was close.

This time I carefully clicked on Eloises name, and put the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey, Eloise, I was wondering if you wanted to do something tonight?" The phone was silent.

"Okay, we can, but I'm not letting you pick. We're not going to Barnes and noble again."

I laughed at her response. "Yeah, that's fine. What time do you want to go?"

"We could go at 8." She said through the phone. If she wanted to leave that late, I knew she wanted to go to a bar. I think Eloise was a borderline alcoholic. Me on the other hand, I wasn't to much into drinking. So, while she's drinking, I'll probably just have some coke or something.

"You're going to take a cab, right? I don't want you drinking and driving." I exclaimed to her.

"How'd you know I would want to go drinking?"

"Because I know you. It's already 7:30, so I'll let you go to get ready. Also, John will not be going with us." I told her, standing up from my bed.

"How come?" She asks.

"We're taking a little bit of a break." Was all I said.

"Well, I'm sorry girl. Go ahead and get ready, and I'll meet you there at 8pm."

We both said our goodbyes as I went to my closet to get dressed. I grabbed a lose fitting white button up, and some light colored jeans, sliding on some black flats. My hair was up in a ponytail, so I was just going to leave it.