Chapter 12

"Tilly, I'm not going to be someone's rebound." I told Tilly as I sat up from her lap, I stood up as she grabbed my arm.

"Ellie, you're not a rebound." I shook my head at her statement.

"What we would be doing is literally the definition of rebound, and I'm sorry I can't get hurt again." I said, as I walked over to Tilly's front door to slip on my shoes.

"Again?" Tilly asked, I didn't think she would catch onto that. I shook my head. I didn't want to get into that. "Ellie, please. Don't go."

I saw my wallet sitting on the dinning room table, I walked over to grab it. "You are just getting out of a relationship. You don't need to hop into another." I said, as she was standing up from the couch.

"Fine. Go! See if I care!" Wow, Tilly real mature. Aren't you supposed to be the adult in this equation. I shook my head at her.

"I need to use your phone to call a cab." Tilly looked at me, as she stepped closer.

"I can take you home if you'd like." I shook my head once again.

"No. I need to call a cab to go get Kenzie's car." Tilly unlocked her phone, handed me it to me. I looked up the number for the cab, as I called it.

I told them I needed a cab to pick me up. I told them the address, and they said it was going to be about 15 minutes.

Once I handed Tilly her phone, I put my hand on the doorknob. "See you at school tomorrow, MRS. Sanders." I said as I emphasize the Mrs in her name.

I walked out the door, sitting on her pouch step waiting for the cab. I know it might sound childish to act this way, but rebounds never work. This would've have worked either. There's no way to even have this work with her being my teacher and all.

I'm glad I was waiting outside, because it couldn't have been more than eight minutes and the cab pulls up. "Are you Ellie?" The cab driver asks. I nodded my head as I made my way to the cab.

Once I got in, I put my seatbelt on. "Doing the walk of shame?" The cab driver asks. I didn't reply, because that's kind of a fucked up question to ask.

We finally made it to the bar, I stepped out of the warm car, into the cold misty outside. I looked up at the sky, seeing the dull grey. I think it's going to rain.

I found Kenzie's car in the same place where I left it the night before. I got in and sighed. I don't understand why everything has to be so hard. Why can't one thing go right? Maybe, things are going right, but I'm sabotaging myself once again. I'm terrified to get hurt. There's a saying that says, "Better to love and lost than never to have loved at all." But I degree with this statement. Nobody should have to feel the pain of losing someone you loved. There's no way to get over that.

I pulled myself from my thoughts as I made my way home. I was excited to see Kenzie. I wanted to tell her everything. Kenzie has been the only person who stuck around since day one. She's the one who stuck up for me, whenever I used to get bullied. She's not your average popular girl. She is the sweetest person who ever existed. She tries to make anyone feel better, no matter the tool it takes on her.

I pulled into the driveway, and out runs Olivia. I got out of the car, and Olivia ran to me. "Ellie! I missed you!" She said as I picked her up, and squeezed her. This is what I needed. Olivia hugs!

"What are you doing squirt?" Olivia laughed at the nickname. She held my face, and looked at me seriously.

"Mommy and Kenzie are fighting again." I looked at her, with pity in my eyes. No child should have to listen to people fighting.