Chapter 11

After Tilly told me she likes me, I just ran. I didn't have a destination. I mean, what are you supposed to do when your crush says they like you back. I didn't know what to do.

After about ten minutes of walking, I finally calmed down. My nerves weren't all over the place anymore. I kind of wish I didn't run. I wish we could have talked about it, plus I didn't have a way home. I didn't even know where I was at.

I tried to reach into my pocket to grab my wallet to see if I had enough money for a cab, but I couldn't find my pocket. I looked down realizing I didn't have on my clothes still. Damn, that means I left my wallet at her house.

All of a sudden, a car was slowly following behind me. It looked familiar, but I live in a small town, so like everyone has the same car.

I started to run, the car started to move faster. The car pulled up beside me, and rolled down the window. I slowed my pace to a walk as I saw it was Tilly. "Ellie, please get in the car." Tilly pleaded for me.

I don't have a way home, so I stopped walking. "Do you really? I asked Tilly as she stopped the car.

"Do I really what?" Tilly responded.

People can be so oblivious sometimes. "Like me back?" I said. Still standing.

"Can we please talk about this at my house, and not in the middle of the street. You're in shorts, and it's chilly out." It was starting to get cold out. It went from 55 degrees to 45 in about two days.

I nodded my head as I opened the car door. I pulled myself into the front seat. Tilly was just staring at me.

"What?" I asked her.

"Seatbelt, Ellie." I put on my seatbelt, as she started to drive back to her house.

"Can I use your phone real fast?" She nodded as she handed me her phone. "Uh, I need the passcode." She took her phone back, pressing her thumb on the home button and giving it back to me.

I clicked on the phone icon, I needed to call Kenzie to let her know I'm okay. I don't want her to worry. Once the call log popped up, I saw that Tilly tried to call me yesterday. I pulled my eye brows together, "Why did you try to call me?"

"Oh. That was an accident, I was trying to call my friend." I nodded my head, as I typed in Kenzie's phone number.

On the third ring, she picked up. "Hello?" She sounded like she just woke up.

"Did you just wake up?" All I heard was a 'mhm' as a response. "Okay, so I just wanted to tell you that I'll be home in a couple of hours. Visiting is taking longer than I though."

The phone was silent for a little bit, "Ellie, is that you?" I laughed at her response. I remembered that this wasn't my phone.

"Yes, Kenzie." We said our goodbyes as I handed Tilly her phone back.

Tilly put her phone in her pocket as we were about to pull into her driveway. "Now, wait until the car stops before getting out." She laughed, trying to make a joke, but it kind of just made me embarrassed.

Once the car was parked, we both out of her car, making our way into her house. "Okay, so do you want to talk first or would you rather shower? You still kind of smell of vomit." My cheeks redden as I blush. I didn't even notice I smelled.