Chapter 5

Kenzie's mom, Jessica decided to take us all out to eat to celebrate her birthday. So, everyone was rushing around to get ready.

I was almost done getting ready, I had on a white and blue tank top, tucked into a black pencil skirt, and some black sandles. I hate dressing up, but Jessica insisted that we did.

Kenzie was in a dark blue pantsuit. Her hair in a elegant ponytail, she had on a natural face of makeup. I looked into our full body mirror that shows just how under dressed I am compared to her. She looked like someone picked straight from a fashion magazine, while I looked like I crawled out of a dumpster.

"You look fine, babe." I heard Kenzie say from across the room, as she was putting on her white heels. I looked at her through the mirror, yeah sure. I look fine, but compared to her I don't. I parted my hair to the side, clipping some of the left side to the back of my head, letting my natural curly red hair sit on my shoulders. I don't wear makeup, so I was done.

"So, I met Mrs. Sanders husband today." Kenzie's head whipped to look at me.

"I knew she was married, but she always gave me gay vibes." I smiled at her. She gave me the same. Guess we were wrong.

"Kenzie, I don't know what I'm going to do." She gave me a confused look, as I continued. "I think I have a crush on her, and I don't know how to make it go away." The only other people I ever had a crush on was Kenzie and Grace. It's mostly gone, I've told her about the crush I had on her, but she said she just thought of me as her sister. Kenzie was bisexual, but leaned mostly to men. Which was okay.

"You could find someone to get over this crush with." I looked at her.

"What do you mean?" She sighed. I knew she always hated explaining things.

"What I mean is, you could easily find someone to date to get your mind over this crush. Find someone else to have a crush on." I shook my head. It's not that easy. I wasn't popular like her, nobody would date me, but maybe Alice. That girl is more annoying than donkey from Sherk.

Kenzie stood up, and walked close to me. I watched her as she did this. "Do you still have your crush on me?" I gave her a confused look. This girl could always confuse me. I held up my fingers, indicating that I still did a little bit. She then smiled. "You could get let your crush grow on me?"

"Now, why the hell would I do that? Kenzie, I had more than a crush on you. It was awful!" I explained as I stood up.

"Ellie, it's great that you finally have a crush on someone, ya know after Grace. But you can't ever be with your teacher. That's one, against the law, and two that's kind of gross." I looked at her, a little upset.

"Kenzie, I know this. It's not like I'm in love with her or something. It's just a stupid little crush, and it's not like she feels the same. I wish you'd be supportive about this." She softly smiled at me.

"You know what, Ellie. I am going to be supportive for you. Whatever you do, I'm going to be right by your side at all times. I'll always be there for you." I hugged and thanked her, as she grabbed my hand and walked out the door.

As we enter the front room, we see a beautiful looking Jessica. She's in the most elegant olive dress that hugs her in all the right places, her hair straightened and pinned back. She had on a beautiful face of makeup. She was turning 42 today, but if you saw her out in the street, you'd think she was 30.

Olivia on the other hand, she was wearing a footie pajamas. I looked at her, and pointed. "What's going on with this train wreck?" Everyone started laughing while Olivia stomped her feet, whining.

"She refusing to get changed, she has a really bad attitude. Probably from seeing her dad. You know how he spoils her."

I grabbed Olivia's hand, which she gladly took. I led her to her bedroom, where her clothes were already set out. "How about we get dressed? We're going to go celebrate mommy's birthday!" She nodded her head, and took off her pjs.