1 - Happier

I hope you're happy, but not like how you were with me
I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go
So find someone great but don't find no one better
I hope you're happy, I wish you all the best, really
Say you love her, baby, just not like you loved me
And think of me fondly when your hands are on her
I hope you're happy, but don't be happier

- Olivia Rodrigo

Alaya POV - 18 months later

"Come here, Draco," I yelled. He jogged over to me and waited for me to throw the ball.

I guess you can say I've been in a better head space since I got out of Chicago. I've been living in Lake Villa for a year and some time now, and I'm so happy I decided to move.

Every few weeks, I make a drive down to Chicago so Bella and sometimes Angelo can stay with me for a weekend or so. It's going to be summer break soon so I'm planning on going to get them so they can stay with me for the summer.

We still haven't heard from Nikki and no one has seen her. Part of me thinks something bad happened to her.

Durk, Pooh, and Von ended up making bail which I expected. Their lawyers don't fuck around so I knew they would get bonded out.

Before I left, I dropped 100k in bail money for them. No matter how mad I was at them, I didn't want them to rot in jail.

Durk's music career has been going great and he has a new girlfriend named India. She's really pretty and they have a daughter named Willow. He seems really happy with her.

I haven't even seen him or Von since that night they got arrested though. When I go get the kids, Bella usually tells him she's coming with me ahead of time and they come out to the car when I pull up.

Von's been doing good music wise, too. Asian ended up having his daughter True, but he also has a son by another girl.

He's dating some girl named Maya and he cheated on her with the girl who ended up having his son. But she took him back though and they seem like they're in a little fake happy relationship.

I visit Pooh, Coi, and Jayda whenever I go to Chicago and they're all doing great.

Jayda has gotten more social media famous and she had a little boy name Loyal. He's just the cutest little thing and he really makes her happy.

Coi got a hit single and she made a song with Pooh and that's blowing the charts, too.

I threw the ball for Draco and he ran after it. I looked to my right to see a worn out Shooter laying in the grass.

So, it turns out that Durk didn't do his research when he got Shooter because now he's even bigger than Draco.

I found out he's a Great Pyrenees, which is something I've never even heard of, and they get twice the size of a Rottweiler. So now I have two big dogs.

It's hard to invite people over to your house when they walk in and see 2 vicious guard dogs. I love my babies though.

My neighborhood is really quiet and most of my neighbors are super weird. I do talk to this white girl named Anissa who lives next door though.

She's one of those white girls who try to be black which I can't stand, but she's pretty cool and chill.

She comes over from time to time and we go out every once in a while. I even opened up to her about my social anxiety and she understood me.

"Alright let's go," I said loudly. Shooter got up and they both walked in the house behind me.

I fed them dinner and plopped on the couch turning on Spongebob. I couldn't even get into the show because my phone started ringing.