Chapter 4

Not wasting much time, Carlisia had walked to her closet and quickly grabbed an outfit

Not wasting much time, Carlisia had walked to her closet and quickly grabbed an outfit. She quickly took a shower and changed into the loose white dress she had picked out and a blue flannel cardigan to make it more weather appropriate.

She left her wavy hair free and slapped on a bit of her favorite tinted lip gloss over her lips, chapping them.

She looked at the white slip-ons covering her feet and then at the full length mirror.

She looked presentable; her pale green eyes looking fresh but that dress had a lot of emotions in her.

It was the dress she wore on the day of her father's birthday, a month before he died. She sharply looked away from the mirror and walked back towards the sofa, making herself comfortable just as the wind blew in.

The wind had the faint smell of mud and leaves, indicating it would be raining soon, she closed her eyes relishing it for a moment.

Her eyes then traveled to the dark forest in front of the house as she examined its beauty. Back at Sydney there wasn't much greenery while here it felt like nature bloomed in its most beautiful form. This place was breathtaking there was no question about that even if it didn't feel like home.

She just sat there at the sofa, in her dark room, watching the leaves of the tall trees dance in the strong wind.

Every once in a while the cold wind would nip at her skin making a shiver run down her, it was uncomfortably comfortable.

If that was even possible.

After about thirty minutes she heard someone calling her name bringing her out of her trance. She took a deep breath and stood up walking to the door and slipping out. She looked down as she descended the stairs, her hair forming a waterfall around her head on either side.

Carlisia followed the source of all the noise and no later found herself in the living room where Ben had a boy - probably nineteen, in a headlock while her mom scolded them. Another boy younger than the one in the headlock, sat on the sofa munching at a cookie as crumbs covered his mouth and fell on the ground.

Both the boys were in football uniforms with their shoes staining the clean wooden floor with dirt.

"Ben, let go of Reuben before you hurt him." Her mother scolds her husband while Ben just laughed.

"Come on Maria, I'm just showing him how to do it. Besides he is the Beta." He said, enjoying the moment.

What's a 'Beta'?

"What's a 'Beta'?" Carlisia asked in a faint voice and every one stopped dead silent. Ben quickly let go of the boy who was presumably Reuben while the one on the sofa dropped his cookie on his lap and stood up.

She looked at her mother for an answer as she noticed the two boys stare at each other as if talking in their minds.

"Oh, it's nothing darling, a football thing." Her mother said swatting her hand dismissively.