Chapter 11

Carlisia ran out of the school gate and straight towards the forest. It didn't take her long to realize that was a bad move as she is tackled to the ground, her body in the dirt.

Gabriel was laughing at her struggle.

"I love a good chase." He said as he turned her on her back and straddled her waist.

Carlisia's mouth went dry and her breathing quickened. She looked around, no one was there. If something happened, no one would come until it was too late. Not taking it anymore, Carlisia screamed at the top of her lungs causing Gabriel to growl and place his hand securely over her mouth.

Carlisia stared wide eyed she grabbed his wrist with both of her hands and tried to move his hand off her face but it wouldn't budge. In result, he pushed her more into the ground.

"Now, why did you run away like that? I just offered to help you out. What is up with your generation? Do you people not like people who lend a hand or two?" Gabriel sighed, irritated, glaring at Carlisia.

Carlisia didn't say a thing, staring quietly at Gabriel. She took deep breaths as if she had ran a marathon.

"No words, huh?"

Still nothing.

Gabriel sighed and removed his hand off of Carlisia's mouth and got off of her standing up. Carlisia quickly crawled away the minute he got off of her until her back hit a tree trunk. Her eyes welled with tears and her lower lip quivered.

There was a boom of thunder as she watched Gabriel walk away and pick up her bag and place it beside her.

"It's going to rain." He said, matter of fact, looking at the sky.

The minute his eyes landed on Carlisia his throat tightened.

Tears stained her face, her eyes blood shot.

"Carlisia-"

"Please just go." Her voice quivered and Gabriel stared at her.

He contemplated going near her but just as he took a step closer to her, she crawled back away from him, sobs racking through her body.

"Just go!" Carlisia screamed, her voice cracking at the end.

Gabriel's face went pale as he raised his hands up in surrender and sighed.

"Okay. Calm down. I'm leaving. I just wanted to take you out. That's all. I did not mean to hurt you." He said and backed away, saying each syllable as if she was a baby.

Carlisia quietly sobbed as she stared at his retrieving form.

Why was he doing this to her?

It indeed started to rain.

Each droplet hit her body like shards of ice as she walked home, sobbing the entire way. She was thankful this town wasn't super populated. Hardly two or three cars passed by her as she walked home and everyone minded their business.

By the time she reached home, she was drenching. She was sure a flu was going to come soon.

The front door wasn't locked as she opened it, sniffling.

"Carlisia? Is that – Oh sweetie, what happened?" Her mom asked.

Maria stared at her daughter wide eyed. Carlisia was muddied and drenching wet.

"Did someone hurt you? Why is there all this mud on you?" Maria asked as she went to Carlisia and cupped her face in her hands.

Maybe it was the soft eyes of her mother or the fact that she asked but Carlisia started sobbing.