Chapter 30

A wave of discomfort washed over Carlisia as she realised Rose had caught sight of the bruise on her arm. She quickly tried to cover it up, feeling a mix of embarrassment and vulnerability.

"I... um... it's nothing," Carlisia stammered, her voice faltering. She glanced down, feeling the weight of shame settling on her shoulders.

Rose's expression remained calm, but a flicker of concern passed through her piercing blue eye. She approached Carlisia slowly, her gaze fixed on the bruise. With gentle movements, she reached out and gently touched Carlisia's arm, her scarred fingertips tracing the edges of the mark, "I am sorry for this. Werewolves are rough creatures. The Alpha's more so. The fact he hasn't marked you shows he is restraining but barely. The full moon is near, he might not hold back much longer, "

Carlisia stared at her,

"Marked?"

It was then Rose undid the collar of her shirt to show Carlisia a bite mark on her shoulder. The werewolf bite appeared as a series of deep, jagged puncture wounds, slightly raised and surrounded by a reddened area. The teeth impressions were visible, leaving a trail of broken skin that had healed over time. The edges of the bite mark were a mix of faded purples and blues, hinting at the initial bruising that had once consumed the area.

Carlisia stared at it wide eyed, "They bite you?!"

The shock was evident on her face as Rose nodded, "It doesn't hurt as much. The experience is almost like pleasure since it's consensual but also a very important part of controlling our wolves, otherwise the wolf will get restless, desperate even. Only people who reject their mate don't get marked." Rose trails off, eyeing the bruise on Carlisia's arm.

Reject their mate

Carlisia felt sick as she backed away, "I should go and change."

She didn't wait for Rose's reply as she quickly walked to her room and closed the door, sliding down it as she grabbed her head in her hands and took deep breaths. She needed to calm down.

A bite from an animal could infect her, give her rabies. How can werewolves be okay with it. The mark on Rose's shoulder was massive, Carlisia couldn't imagine Gabriel biting her.

Carlisia's mind spun with a whirlwind of thoughts, her anxiety building as she contemplated the implications of what she had just learned. The room seemed to close in on her, the walls closing in as if to suffocate her. She fought against the panic rising within her, desperately trying to find a sense of calm.

But the image of Rose's bite mark remained etched in her mind, haunting her thoughts like a dark omen. The thought of willingly allowing such an act, of embracing the pain and potential consequences, filled her with a deep unease.

She didn't know how long she sat on the floor, her mind racing. It was only when the last glow in the sky disappeared that Carlisia realised the sun had set. Quickly getting up from her place and grabbing a new sweater, Carlisia walked out of the room and towards the kitchen.

"I am so sorry, I just needed a moment to myself." She said, turning the corner only to stop in surprise.

"No worries.", Gabriel leaned over the kitchen counter, eating some of the leftover chicken parmesan she had made for lunch.

"Y-you are back." Carlisia said, her voice small as she searched the room for room Rose.

Gabriel didn't look up as he took another bite. Carlisia noticed he was in a more casual attire than what she was used to seeing him in. A solid white v-neck adorned his torso, his tattoos and scars out on display.

"This is good. I hope you can cook for me someday." Gabriel said and Carlisia gulped.

Carlisia's voice trembled, her eyes unable to tear away from Gabriel's intense gaze.