Chapter 52

Carson had left a while later and Carlisia had let her thoughts run wild until she stressed herself to a restless slumber.

The next time she woke up, it was the early hours of the morning and the IV was missing along with the bonds on her wrist.

"Good Morning." An unfamiliar voice whispered as Carlisia sat up.

It was that of a female.

Carlisia looked at the source to find a girl no older than 15 in a clean yet traditionally old maid uniform. The grey skirt over which a white apron was tied along with a scarf over her head. She looked timid yet Carlisia had no doubt she was the predator here.

"Good Morning." Carlisia gulped, still taking in her size.

The girl was petite, yet there was wisdom in her eyes. There was no doubt, while she looked young she was much much older.

"I hope I did not wake you, my lady. I was informed to get you ready for breakfast. The prince would like your company."

The girl once again smiled and Carlisia got a sight of her fangs. Carlisia stared at them and returned a gentler smile of her own, the girl was a vampire yet she was soft spoken and well mannered. For some reason Carlisia did not feel scared of her as a warmth filled her after a very long time.

"You did not wake me."

The girl nodded. It was only then did Carlisia noticed a dress placed carefully on the sofa.

It was a black masterpiece with intricate gold embroidery that seemed to dance across the fabric like flickering flames in the night. The contrast between the rich black and the shimmering gold created a stunning effect, evoking a sense of both mystery and opulence.

Carlisia eyed the dress with a mixture of curiosity and suspicion. It was unlike any she had seen before, a creation of exquisite beauty.

"Is this for me?" she asked, her voice cautious.

The young vampire nodded. "Yes, my lady. The prince requested that you wear it. He has prepared a special breakfast for you."

Carlisia felt unease by that yet she nodded.

The girl gave a curt nod in return.

"I shall draw a bath for you."

While the girl disappeared through a door in the corner, Carlisia carefully got out of the bed. Her head was still dizzy as she walked towards the window, the first rays of sunlight were colouring the sky. Carlisia stepped forward and began to peer down.

Her heart skipped a beat at the breathtaking sight that unfolded before her. She was in fact in a castle made of dark stone. From her place she could look over at the various towers. She stood in the tallest tower of the castle, and from this vantage point, she could see that the castle was perched on a rocky promontory, surrounded by the vast expanse of the sea. The waves crashed against the cliffs below, sending sprays of white foam into the air.

The sea stretched out as far as the eye could see, its deep blue expanse meeting the horizon in a seamless blend of sky and water. The setting sun bathed the scene in a warm, golden light, casting long shadows and painting the sea with hues of orange and pink.

It was a view of unparalleled beauty and solitude, one that made Carlisia realise the isolation of her new surroundings. The castle stood as a solitary sentinel, a fortress against the wild sea, and she was its captive inhabitant.

How had she gotten here? She didn't remember a boat ride and had never heard of a place as such in her history classes. She began to hyperventilate, even if she ran away, there was no place to run to.