Chapter 61

Gabriel took in the sight of Carlisia. His eyes raked over her ungodly pale skin, the red rims underneath her eyes, her already weak body breakable. His teeth clenched as he stared at the blooming bruise on Carlisia's cheek followed by a look of surprise as he looked at her exposed neck and the missing scars before finally meeting her gaze once more.

Yet, despite being in his arms, his mate shook like a leaf falling from a tree, her eyes wide with fear as she looked behind him at the two men aiding him.

He saw her take in a breath and before she could scream, Gabriel clamped his hand back on her mouth, pushing her against the wall at the side.

Carlisia stared at Gabriel with new found fear.

Carson was a brute but Gabriel had killed his sister in the most brutal of ways.

She might not want to marry Carson but she sure as hell did not want to leave with Gabriel.

Before she could give out another scream Gabriel pushed her into the wall more, taking her breath.

"I know we did not end things in the best of ways but we have limited time and I need you to cooperate." Gabriel said, it was the gold in his eyes that made Carlisia nod.

The last time she had seen that shade of gold, Gabriel had mauled her.

Carlisia stared at Gabriel, looking behind him at his allies once more before reluctantly nodding. That was enough assurance for Gabriel as he pushed her behind him and began walking forward.

Carlisia stared at Gabriel's back, her hands shaking by her side as she fisted her skirt in her hands and began to walk, conscious about the two strangers behind her.

Then again, everyone was a stranger to her and for her heart began to sink.

Even if she went back, she cannot forget what was waiting for her. Gabriel would imprison her, that was for sure. Afterall, she had tried to escape him.

She would never have an ounce of privacy.

Carlisai gulped as she looked once again at the two men behind her, then at Gabriel's back. They were walking along the same corridor where there was a portrait of Carson's sister not much ahead.

The same sister Gabriel had murdered then drank her blood. While she hadn't heard Gabriel's side of the story, she felt it in her bones that he was capable of exactly what Carson had said.

Her mind then went to the ultimatum Carson had given her. Marrying him wasn't an option. He was molesting her after drugging her unconscious. God knows what else he had done to her.

Carlisia stopped as Gabriel pulled her in a corner. She stared as Gabriel attentively looked forward. She felt his claws extend on her arm as she followed his gaze and stilled.

No

The househelp hummed as she walked with a duster in her hand, gently dusting the picture frames. She was the same woman who had bathed her, helped her dress and given her what little comfort she could under Carson's employ.

Carlisia stared back at Gabriel, his eyes were gold, attentively fixed on the maid and in that moment Carlisia was sure of her decision.

She didn't have to leave with Gabril or stay with Carson, she just had to create enough chaos to get away from both of them and out of this castle.

Carlisia stared at Gabriel once again and as if noticing the change in her demeanour Gabriel looked down at her a second too late as she pushed away from him, opened her mouth and gave a loud scream, running into the open corridor and grabbing the maids hand.