Chapter 63

He walked the empty halls of his castle stopping in front of the portrait he visited on the regular. But looking at it today did not bring a sense of vengeance in his heart, but guilt.

🌹

Breathe In.

Breathe Out.

Breathe In.

Breathe Out.

The door opened.

Carlisia's breath hitched.

Breathe In. Breathe In. Breathe In.

Nothing was working.

She couldn't see - courtesy of the blindfold over her eyes. The only thing she felt were the binds on her wrists and ankles which she had grated her skin over until nothing but a stinging sensation of steady pain was left in its wake. She knew she was back in the room she had woken up, she could feel the soft mattress of the bed underneath her weight.

Ironically she wasn't gagged, not that it made much difference. She had nothing to say to anyone and she sure as hell wasn't going to beg for anything. She knew first hand how useless that was.

Carlisia opened her mouth and took a deep breath, urging her muscles to relax.

I will not be afraid.

She repeated those words over and over in her mind - The only comfort she had since she had woken up - until her breaths steadied once more.

Breathe In.

Breathe Out.

There was no semblance of time in her current state. No way to know how long it had been. She heard the door close and her breath hitched again.

I will not be afraid.

She twisted her hands in her binds. The sting that eventually came grounding her to even her breaths.

Breathe In.

Breathe Out.

She didn't hear any footsteps but as the bed dipped by her leg, a hand placed securely on her knee, preventing her from rolling away. She knew exactly who the intruder was. He was a master of stealth. The leader of this cult.

They stayed like that for the next few minutes. God knew what sick pleasure he was getting seeing her blindfolded and bound like this. She wouldn't put it above him if helpless women were his kink.

Bile rose up in Carlisa's throat thinking of her compromised position. Her dress had hitched up to her thighs in her struggle and since her hands were tied behind her back there was no way to fix it. She could only imagine how much Gabriel was enjoying this.

She could feel his eyes raking over her. Was he examining the bruise on her temple, the one he had given her or the missing marks of his previous abuse which Carson had removed from her body. The place where the scars had been was now replaced with silky smooth skin as if it had never been punctured.

Carson feeding off of her at least had some benefits. Her being here literally had none.

After a few more moments, she felt gentle fingers over her face. Carlisia raised her knee to struggle but it was roughly pushed down on the bed as a gasp escaped her lips.

"Relax, butterfly."

That word ignited something in her.

"Get away from me."